Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today boys! No defects so far but I've not the whole checklist just the obvious. I had it delivered by independent carrier, that took a week after it was at the SC for a few days. The door handles suck for the icy weather we're getting right now.

Didn't come with mudflaps, ppf, or car cover. Has matrix lights. Everything still wrapped in plastic, all the panels, doors, door sill, etc. Tape on corners of roof, stickers on wheels and door handles. Was surprised how thin and flimsy the panels were. About 1/3rd the thickness of any car I've seen. The accelerator pedal is hilariously cheap, like a $.05 piece of plastic.

Overall we're happy with the car, though we expected higher quality of the above mentioned things. The tires are about a 5/10 in the wet snow like we had this evening, and it handles more like a front wheel drive than AWD which doesn't inspire confidence for winter driving. The rear window was useless for visibility. All the side windows front and back kept fogging up couldn't figure out how to help that situation besides lower the windows to let cool air in. Maybe there's something I'm missing here? To be honest all these things combined it doesn't feel great for winter weather.. I'll probably favor my old SUV for bad winter weather.

I know I've said a lot of negative things, just pointing out those things as everything else has been good to excellent.

Attachments

• 20230310_154318~2.jpg
    20230310_154318~2.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 71
Took delivery today boys! No defects so far but I've not the whole checklist just the obvious. I had it delivered by independent carrier, that took a week after it was at the SC for a few days. The door handles suck for the icy weather we're getting right now.

Didn't come with mudflaps, ppf, or car cover. Has matrix lights. Everything still wrapped in plastic, all the panels, doors, door sill, etc. Tape on corners of roof, stickers on wheels and door handles. Was surprised how thin and flimsy the panels were. About 1/3rd the thickness of any car I've seen. The accelerator pedal is hilariously cheap, like a $.05 piece of plastic.

Overall we're happy with the car, though we expected higher quality of the above mentioned things. The tires are about a 5/10 in the wet snow like we had this evening, and it handles more like a front wheel drive than AWD which doesn't inspire confidence for winter driving. The rear window was useless for visibility. All the side windows front and back kept fogging up couldn't figure out how to help that situation besides lower the windows to let cool air in. Maybe there's something I'm missing here? To be honest all these things combined it doesn't feel great for winter weather.. I'll probably favor my old SUV for bad winter weather.

I know I've said a lot of negative things, just pointing out those things as everything else has been good to excellent.
The tires are probably causing the handling issue in the snow. But the windows should not get fogging.

My exact configuration showed up in inventory at Rogers. There was one yesterday too. Ugh. Of course they show up after everyone at Tesla is gone. I paid the $250 and hope the SA can switch the vin to my original order tomorrow. 🤞🏼
JessicaG, I see your configuration this morning in available inventory in MN.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230311-070742_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230311-070742_Chrome.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 39
My exact configuration showed up in inventory at Rogers. There was one yesterday too. Ugh. Of course they show up after everyone at Tesla is gone. I paid the $250 and hope the SA can switch the vin to my original order tomorrow. 🤞🏼
I was able to switch the VIN from the inventory car to my original order. Will “lose” the $250 but I’m thinking about it like I paid $250 for expedited delivery which, to me, is worth it. The car is in Austin yet waiting for a train to MN, EDD is Mar 22 - 29.

Reactions: scionbox and Tcorn
I was able to switch the VIN from the inventory car to my original order. Will “lose” the $250 but I’m thinking about it like I paid $250 for expedited delivery which, to me, is worth it. The car is in Austin yet waiting for a train to MN, EDD is Mar 22 - 29.
So glad it worked out. Still crazy that it wasn't assigned to you to begin with. Which SC did you go to? I feel the same about the expedited delivery, unfortunately mine cost me $2250...

Reactions: scionbox
Update on 2/28/2023
5th EDD change (2/28/2023): Mar 19th to Mar 31st
No VIN assigned yet.
Update on 3/12/2023
Finally got my VIN assigned (Fremont built) on 3/12/2023 around 1pm.
New EDD: Mar 26th to Mar 31st.

The app instructed to get insurance assigned ASAP to avoid any delivery delays. I added the VIN (starting today) to my existing progressive insurance which bumped up the insurance by ~1000$ for 6 months.

If anyone could shed light on a cheaper insurance option, will much appreciate it.

Once VIN is assigned, what is the usual turnaround time ? I am getting varied info on the forum. Thanks.

Update on 3/12/2023
Finally got my VIN assigned (Fremont built) on 3/12/2023 around 1pm.
New EDD: Mar 26th to Mar 31st.

The app instructed to get insurance assigned ASAP to avoid any delivery delays. I added the VIN (starting today) to my existing progressive insurance which bumped up the insurance by ~1000$ for 6 months.

If anyone could shed light on a cheaper insurance option, will much appreciate it.

Once VIN is assigned, what is the usual turnaround time ? I am getting varied info on the forum. Thanks.
Have you checked the tesla insurance? I am using Travelers and have gotten a discount by doing their driving score tracking. Mine is coming out at about $1100 for the year. We have a multi car discount though too.

Hi all! Haven’t posted in this forum before. Here are my deets in case helpful to anyone.

MYLR 7 seater/MSM/black/19/tow
OD: 1/13
EDD1: 2/21-3/28 (1/30)
EDD2: 2/19-3/19 (2/5)
EDD3: 3/2-3/30 (2/20)
EDD4: 3/6-3/20 (2/28)
Vin assigned 3/3, Fremont build, EDD: 3/17-3/24

texted SA on 3/9 to inquire status/location. He said it was currently in transit to IL

3/11: Schedule delivery text/email. Only dates available were 3/17 and 3/18. Since we‘re in SD and it’s over 4 hours to Eden Prairie, opted for the Saturday pick-up. Hoping weather doesn’t do anything crazy this week!🤞

So my only concern is… our drive home is over 200 miles. Obviously we’ll inspect the vehicle while at the dealership. But are they typically pretty firm on that 100 miles to log any issues?

Reactions: scionbox
Tesla gave me 5.59

Delivery delayed, rescheduled to 3/17

Just got an update via text with my SA. He expects the car to be at EP showroo on 3/19. Getting so close.

The rate from wells Fargo through tesla was 5.59 for me yesterday. Was 5.34 but my rate lock expired. Still better than wings for a 72 month.

I got a new quote from Affinity Plus for 4.99% (72 month). I am waiting for the car to be in transit from IL to MN before updating my payment from cash to financing. Don't want to mess up anything too early.

Reactions: bekk