Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing characters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone experienced this before?
Random missing characters from certain display text.

Attachments

• 1097382C-7ACF-4F77-B1CC-3CF93BAE3ED7.jpeg
    1097382C-7ACF-4F77-B1CC-3CF93BAE3ED7.jpeg
    566.4 KB · Views: 309
  • D37E435D-9458-4DC1-BD9E-547CE7C57715.jpeg
    D37E435D-9458-4DC1-BD9E-547CE7C57715.jpeg
    516.8 KB · Views: 235
I have the same problem. A boot/reset with keeping both scroll wheels pressed solves the problem for 2 days.
So I contacted the european support.
They told me, that this is a cache problem and asked me to perform a full resert following this procedure:
Car in P,
Brake pedal pressed and both scroll wheels pressed. Release them as soon as the T appears on the main screen.

I will try it as soon as I get the missed letters again.

Reactions: Tam
I had the same issue again yesterday. I again tried a reboot. After that, I plugged in the car and left it overnight for a scheduled early morning charge.
Guess what! No charging took place, app would not connect to car, and when I went to drive off to work, it was in a deep sleep!
The car sat there with a blank center screen, some data missing from the dash screen. I again tried the two-thumb reset and had to wait 90 seconds before the car was up and running.
Currently have v9.0 2018.48.12.1 d6999f5 running on a March 2015 85D build.

Reactions: Snerruc
I had the same issue again yesterday. I again tried a reboot. After that, I plugged in the car and left it overnight for a scheduled early morning charge.
Guess what! No charging took place, app would not connect to car, and when I went to drive off to work, it was in a deep sleep!
The car sat there with a blank center screen, some data missing from the dash screen. I again tried the two-thumb reset and had to wait 90 seconds before the car was up and running.
Currently have v9.0 2018.48.12.1 d6999f5 running on a March 2015 85D build.
It sounds like you may be having the same issue that I am, which is discussed in this thread Booting up car takes longer

I spoke to service yesterday, I wish there was an easier way to find a simple explanation without having to bother service.
There were no issues in the car log, he suggested to power down car and restart. In the Safety and Security section I turned the car off, waited a few minutes without touching anything as instructed, then pressed the brake pedal to bring the car backup.
All seems fine so far ;-)

I have experienced this problem with 48.12. The memory RESTORE button was missing letters. A reboot "corrected" the display but does not fix the coding problem that caused this error. This kind of thing indicates memory corruption by the code. I've also experience other bugs since the 48.12 update including the car being stuck in jack mode for a few minutes. This 48.12 release seems buggier than prior releases.

I'm having the same issue. Is this a new issue with V9? I'm assuming Tesla is aware of this problem...

I believe it started with v9 - there are lots of other misc threads reporting similar corrupted font issues

Although I thought some people reported the problem fixed in earlier versions (like 42.x or thereabouts), it's still happening intermittently to my car with 2018.48.12.1 firmware - in fact just happened now when I went to my car today and looked at the charging screen - and that's AFTER just going in for annual service last week where they cleared some cache (including lifetime trip counter) in unsuccessful attempt to solve some other unrelated bugs

personally I wouldn't assume Tesla is aware of the problem - I reported this exact font issue during my service, in writing complete with photo examples, and somehow they conveniently forgot to address it at all during my service. Not even an "unable to reproduce the problem" mention on the service invoice. Recorded a voice "bug report" today and will send an email (again) to service, not sure if this kind of info ever gets back to the software development team...

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy