Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile App - Quick Actions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Just something useful I discovered today (although I may be late to it).

You can add five quick action buttons to the Tesla app instead of the usual four that you see (picture attached). I haven’t had chance to test it as the wife is out at the minute with the car.

You do this by following the steps at around the four minute mark on the video below.

Hopefully it’s useful.

Attachments

• IMG_8078.jpeg
    IMG_8078.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
To be honest there's only four shortcuts I'd want for fear of pressing them accidentally, wouldn't want to pop the front boot, door or even boot with a stray press.

Lock, climate, defrost and charge port seem safe enough for me, could squeeze sentry on I suppose if needed.

To be honest there's only four shortcuts I'd want for fear of pressing them accidentally, wouldn't want to pop the front boot, door or even boot with a stray press.
Those particular shortcuts (intentionally) don't work unless you are beside the car. I find that the front boot is a handy one to have on there when returning from the curry shop ...

I find it quicker & easier to use the home screen widget than the actual app when away from the house. At home I just use the Home Assistant integration because I tend to have the dashboard open already. In fact I rarely open the app at all (it just stays open in the background).

Those particular shortcuts (intentionally) don't work unless you are beside the car. I find that the front boot is a handy one to have on there when returning from the curry shop ...
I'm not bold enough to trust it, unfortunately, as I'm one of those people with a phone that retains the bluetooth connection for quite some distance. For a curry takeaway, I was bought a hook that screws into the top of the inside of the boot - perfect to hang your takeaway on (providing you drive sensibly of course).

Surely the fart icon 🤷‍♂️
It's always amusing when pressed accidently - honestly; accidently! 🤠
Good shout. Otherwise the fundamental flaw with the fart mode is that you have to enable it from within the car (e.g. for the steering wheel button), which takes away the element of surprise (unless there's a better way of enabling it).

I'm not bold enough to trust it, unfortunately, as I'm one of those people with a phone that retains the bluetooth connection for quite some distance. For a curry takeaway, I was bought a hook that screws into the top of the inside of the boot - perfect to hang your takeaway on (providing you drive sensibly of course).

Good shout. Otherwise the fundamental flaw with the fart mode is that you have to enable it from within the car (e.g. for the steering wheel button), which takes away the element of surprise (unless there's a better way of enabling it).
From outside the car via the app:

Screenshot_20231103_180246_Tesla.jpg