Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can now manage drivers in the app:

53E6D03D-4C13-4012-9BC4-E0705ADAFA1E.png

added charge in km also fixed
Interesting… Mine is showing KWH instead of miles and it is stating 0, despite the fact it charged and my charger app confirms this.

It also seems to have broken my notifications again, only sends notifications if the app is open. Had this before and it was fixed in 4.4.2, now reverted to broken…

Milk is still sold in pints ... litres too, but mostly pints. (The fact that we barely notice shows how much difference it makes!) There was a huge kerfuffle when metric was coming in and we were in the EC and would potentially not be able to buy a pint of milk or a pint of beer ... it was the Brexit thing before Brexit was even invented ... so there was some kind of deal that allowed certain items to be sold in their old imperial quantities... and that's continued to this day. I'm not sure if there was anything other than milk and beer as the exceptions.
Try buying a jar of jam. Then look at the label and see that it is 454 grams.

Why 454 grams? Because that is 1 pound!

Reactions: Adopado
Try buying a jar of jam. Then look at the label and see that it is 454 grams.

Why 454 grams? Because that is 1 pound!

I have to admit that I've never noticed, but I've also never cared - I just buy a jar of jam, peanut butter, mustard, whatever.

I do remember a lot of people complaining when petrol switched from being sold by the gallon to being sold by the litre, but I think most of that was down to it being done more or less randomly across the industry so you'd pass one place selling at 57p/litre and the next one selling at £2.59/gallon which meant a bit of frantic maths was needed to work out where you wanted to go for the best price.

And naturally there were those who would say "I'm only buying petrol in gallons" and would eventually drive miles out of their way to the one place in the area still selling in gallons - and usually paying a big premium at the same time. (My mother was one of these.)

Anyone noticed issues with preconditioning using the app since updating? This morning I set the car to precondition for 09:30 and noticed that even at 09:25 nothing had happened - climate wasn’t activated or anything. This is the first time it’s happened and the only change was updating the app yesterday. I haven’t tried it since.

EDIT: I set it just now to precondition for 00:30 and it did activate climate, so perhaps this morning was an anomaly for me.

Last edited:
I swear the HVAC button in the app looks different every time I look at it!
Sometimes there is like a halo around it and it seems to be glowing although it is actually off.
What does that mean?
I think I get it after driving in cold weather and the battery is still warm but the car is actually in sleep and no HVAC on? Or doesn't it mean anything?
IMG_0034.jpeg

I swear the HVAC button in the app looks different every time I look at it!
Sometimes there is like a halo around it and it seems to be glowing although it is actually off.
What does that mean?
I think I get it after driving in cold weather and the battery is still warm but the car is actually in sleep and no HVAC on? Or doesn't it mean anything?
View attachment 753630
And this is a few hours later...
I also don't understand why the charging icon is greyed out.
86F72575-6252-43F8-A95B-51519DE86996.jpeg

So it seems now there is more bugs to replace the old ones, namely:

- Change the Battery between % and Ranges, kill and reopen the app and it has reset
- Notification for Charge start not active despite being enabled.
- Set charge limit to a percentage and it cuts out 1% less than this (unsure if this is actual or a % discrepancy in the app)

I experienced the latter last night, set my charge to 80% as normal - scheduled charge between 00:30 and 04:30 and woke up to "Charging completed at 01:54 with battery at 79%" (despite the fact that the charge window was still active and the slider was set to 80%)

- Change the Battery between % and Ranges, kill and reopen the app and it has reset
- Set charge limit to a percentage and it cuts out 1% less than this (unsure if this is actual or a % discrepancy in the app)

I experienced the latter last night, set my charge to 80% as normal - scheduled charge between 00:30 and 04:30 and woke up to "Charging completed at 01:54 with battery at 79%" (despite the fact that the charge window was still active and the slider was set to 80%)

Apart from your last "issue", which I cannot comment on as I just charge to 100%, I haven't experienced any of those problems with the new app?

I wonder if that last one is temperature related? I've noticed the same thing, but Teslamate reports the SOC as 80% and usable battery as 79% - which I'd expect to match if it was a little warmer out; I'm assuming the app is reporting usable battery, but IIRC the charge always goes to SOC.

Reactions: khew1988