Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mockup of Screen with No Map, Visualization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just for fun, I thought of what I would want to see on the display if I didn't care about the map (driving near home) or the visualization. This is what I came up with:

Tesla Screen Mockup.png

I didn't want to spend a lot of time on this, that's why, for example, the speedometer image goes to 240 MPH. I made personal choices for buttons:

• Graphic speed display with MAX (green) and speed limit (orange).
  • I added the glovebox control because my wife often wants to open it.
  • I put a fold-mirrors button, because, although rarely used, it could be important in an emergency (approaching car coming close).
  • I put a nice big Record button (for post-emergency).
  • Note that the fan icon shows whether heat or AC is on (that's important because sometimes the car thinks it's warmer inside than it is).
  • Nice big wiper controls (yes, I know I can use the scroll wheel).

What would you put on your screen?

Exactly q
Never in my life have I had a near-collision and thought "oh quick fold the mirrors" 🤣
ya omg here comes a car, looks like he’s trying to squeeze by, oh I know….let me press the fold in mirrors tab, whew that was close…thank you Tesla for only making go to two screens to “quickly” fold in mirrors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never folded my mirrors except when going through the carwash (that likes to beat them forward). I always thought folding mirrors when you park was a gimmick. I'd rather someone swing their door into my mirror than my door or fender 🤷‍♂️

Right, I had a few scares early on when I thought it was driving and it wasn't. I'm not sure even that would be enough.

My system: When I'm driving, I put two hands on the wheel.
Well, it happened again yesterday. First time in a few years. I disengaged to take an exit, and was choosing a new destination when I realized I hadn't reengaged. Caught it quickly.