Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 annoying beeping sounds like 'morse code'

Do you hear a high pitched morse-code sounding beep in your Model 3?

• Yes

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Yes, only when the lights are in ON, PARKING or AUTO

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing happens in mine, same story with age and ear sensitivity and older people not being able to hear it. Was going to bring it up in service appointment but haven't brought the car in for one yet.

would it be helpful to call them and complain about the noise? they have my car right now. the more people we have telling tesla this the better i think. unless you can think of a better route.

Can’t u hear the «morse» sound in that? (Second half of the vid)
Well, for what it’s worth, I can certainly hear the “morse code”-like sound and it’s louder in the second position even over the more apparent lower pitched noise. That’s just listening via an iPad Pro’s built-in speakers. It’s not very high-pitched but I guess asking if someone can hear such a noise is like asking whether a certain dress looks blue or gold. :) Good luck!

These types of issues will test me... I just must remember I am an early adopter.
If there’s a name or disorder for someone who gets easily and overly annoyed by rattles and repetitive noises... well then I have that thing.

Had a 2014 base model Mustang that had a click in the vent window that was maddening...traded it in for a beater 9days after I reserved the 3.

Hi everyone, I was the person who wrote about the same issue in the Model 3 Forum at Tesla.com. Here's my follow up: Follow up to "high pitched morse code sound" and other service experiences/updates.... | Tesla

Basically, Tesla claims that this problem will be solved with a firmware update. I am curious if others are getting the same story. Also curious if this sounds plausible. To me it's like an episode of Black Mirror....everything's a software problem. Maybe I'll have to go into a small programming room to replace my software......

I just confirmed that, per your experience, on my car the sound gets louder when I switch the lights from "auto" to "park". However, I can still hear it when the car is in "auto" mode. Oddly, it in some ways gets more annoying when it's quieter. (Again I have tinnitus at about the same frequency, so it's particularly irritating; and as a result of sitting in my car for five minutes my ears ring extra loud for the next hour.)