Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the store at 4th ave, they are not even saying whether they have received any cars since the first batch or doing any delivery recently. I even told him we are seeing some model 3 sitting at Powell street lot (per fb group) and he just said we don't have that information.

I got a different answer, I believe it was from the other store. Cars a trickling in and deliveries are always happening.

I got a different answer, I believe it was from the other store. Cars a trickling in and deliveries are always happening.
I personally think this is full of *sugar* and that no cars have been delivered since the end of June. Some people keep saying there are cars being delivered everyday and that they are lined up at dealerships (show some evidence than-pictures???). Also if this was the case wouldn’t there be someone on Twitter or FB showing off their ride with the #Oakville Tesla or something. Also google Oakville Tesla and see the most recent pics all they have from the past two months is a pic of the one in the show room. I live about an hour drive from here and have contiplated going down myself to see and then if I do see some take some pics for the group...I know this is a bit of a rant, but I am frustrated with this process and dealing with the fact that I will not be getting the 14k rebate. It is a hard pill to swallow.

Reactions: Koflach
I personally think this is full of *sugar* and that no cars have been delivered since the end of June. Some people keep saying there are cars being delivered everyday and that they are lined up at dealerships (show some evidence than-pictures???). Also if this was the case wouldn’t there be someone on Twitter or FB showing off their ride with the #Oakville Tesla or something. Also google Oakville Tesla and see the most recent pics all they have from the past two months is a pic of the one in the show room. I live about an hour drive from here and have contiplated going down myself to see and then if I do see some take some pics for the group...I know this is a bit of a rant, but I am frustrated with this process and dealing with the fact that I will not be getting the 14k rebate. It is a hard pill to swallow.

I pass by Oakville on my way to work each day (but I'm taking this week off :) )....I've been there a couple times in the last month and they always had a bunch of 3's there. I took a bunch of videos and pictures a couple weeks back because I was debating switching from MSM to Blue....which I eventually did and now my order is pushed back over a month :(

Anywho, heres a link to the photos I took. There are a few vids in there too. There were a few different blue and MSM with different rims. Also not pictured were 3 black ones and a silver.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jrWrBm8azMQh1VeU9

Also, a week before I was in there and they were prepping 2 model 3 for delivery in the showroom. The sales guy said they were doing about 3/day at the time, which I thought to be really high, but I did see a bunch on subsequent visits. I also see a fair bit of them where I live. I certainly see more 3's than chevy bolt, which we have owned for over a year....

Reactions: T3l5aFan
I personally don't think CEV reservation the rep quoted is true because the site says roughly $5M reserved but I would anticipate all of it to be reserved by now unless there aren't as many reservation in BC as I thought there would be

The reservation fund requires someone to fill out the application and marking it as "Open / OEM". I assume CEV doesn't know about the orders because it's up to the delivery advisor to do the paperwork. Since no one has been assigned (at least for me), chances are it hasn't been done even though a deposit was placed.

CEV form.JPG Delivery Advisor.JPG

The reservation fund requires someone to fill out the application and marking it as "Open / OEM". I assume CEV doesn't know about the orders because it's up to the delivery advisor to do the paperwork. Since no one has been assigned (at least for me), chances are it hasn't been done even though a deposit was placed.

View attachment 324447 View attachment 324420
Thank you for the info. I will call and check if funds are reserved for my vehicle. I can't imagine the vehicle taking more than 90 days from today to deliver, if it hasn't been reserved yet.

Thank you for the info. I will call and check if funds are reserved for my vehicle. I can't imagine the vehicle taking more than 90 days from today to deliver, if it hasn't been reserved yet.

Not sure when you reserved and placed the order, but those "apparently" factor into the delivery. It's possible it can be more than 90 days since the delivery timeframe was 2-4 months or 1-3 months depending on the model you got and the time of order.

Let us know what they have to say after talking to them.

Not sure when you reserved and placed the order, but those "apparently" factor into the delivery. It's possible it can be more than 90 days since the delivery timeframe was 2-4 months or 1-3 months depending on the model you got and the time of order.

Let us know what they have to say after talking to them.
Just got off the phone with another rep from another store and advised that reservation is based on when the VIN is populated.

I also ordered mine on June 27th.

Just got off the phone with another rep from another store and advised that reservation is based on when the VIN is populated.

I also ordered mine on June 27th.

Did you call a Tesla store? Tesla stores don't know anything, honestly, I find them pretty useless. I've been to west 4th twice and never had a good experience there.

The VIN is handled by the DA as well. So the best thing we can do is just hope it'll come soon and that we qualify for the rebate. The better outcome is if The Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources injects more money into the program. I was told about a month ago by CEV that no decision has been made to allocate additional funds.

Did you call a Tesla store? Tesla stores don't know anything, honestly, I find them pretty useless. I've been to west 4th twice and never had a good experience there.

The VIN is handled by the DA as well. So the best thing we can do is just hope it'll come soon and that we qualify for the rebate. The better outcome is if The Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources injects more money into the program. I was told about a month ago by CEV that no decision has been made to allocate additional funds.
Yes, I called the Tesla store. Hopefully we do get the rebate. I was basing my decision on getting the LR due to the rebate. If we don't get the rebate then i may prefer the SR model. LR battery price increase 11,900 plus the extra 3% luxury tax on the entire vehicle due it pushing it over 60K car in BC. I think I would be willing to give up on 150 km of range and save almost $14K.

• Informative
Reactions: jkirkwood001
The limbo anxiety is the greatest fear here. If you follow through with the purchase (assuming orders in before July and delivery before September) and submit the rebate paperwork, they've worded it in such a way that they can reject you and you're suddenly 14000$ in the hole.

It's unfair to consumers who if they knew this discrimination was happening, could've chosen to order another car instead.