Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Center Console Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also installed the Kenriko Center Console and Door Trim wrap kits.

Both fit perfectly and the trick for the door wrap was to use the included plastic razors and sword toothpicks, rather than your fingers, for more precise placement of the vinyl over the window button lighting!

I even did the "Fast Charging" Qi wireless pad upgrade - including routing the charger wires back to the center console's cigarette lighter. That was pretty scary at first because I had to yank the panel off the center console but it came out well. I bought the same super-slim Qi puck used by RPM Tesla and sourced some 1/8" neoprene from Amazon and made my own phone pad ... and put the extra "Model 3 logo" stickers Kenriko included!

Attachments

• Kenriko - Center.jpg
    Kenriko - Center.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 343
  • Kenriko - Door Trim.jpg
    Kenriko - Door Trim.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 315
  • Qi Charger 01.jpg
    Qi Charger 01.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 328
  • Qi Charger 02.jpg
    Qi Charger 02.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
I just got mine. How easy is it to install dry? Has anybody tried to install with wet spray?

Kenriko posted a tutorial video a while back which shows him going through the whole install dry:

I've done some interior vinyl on some of my other cars, and it looks like his cuts and kit are extremely well thought out and give you everything that you need.

Best guess, a few weeks. What's been happening is I'll get an unexpected big spike of sales because someone makes a YouTube video or posts how awesome it is to Reddit and then I need to stop product development work while I produce more inventory because it gets nuked overnight. Demand is not a bad problem to have but it does slow down the process of releasing new products.

I was considering the matte black and it’s been sitting in my cart for about two weeks. However, the idea of a matching center console sounds pretty sweet! Maybe I’ll hold off until that one rolls out.

I also installed the Kenriko Center Console and Door Trim wrap kits.

Both fit perfectly and the trick for the door wrap was to use the included plastic razors and sword toothpicks, rather than your fingers, for more precise placement of the vinyl over the window button lighting!

I even did the "Fast Charging" Qi wireless pad upgrade - including routing the charger wires back to the center console's cigarette lighter. That was pretty scary at first because I had to yank the panel off the center console but it came out well. I bought the same super-slim Qi puck used by RPM Tesla and sourced some 1/8" neoprene from Amazon and made my own phone pad ... and put the extra "Model 3 logo" stickers Kenriko included!

On the Qi pad, are you getting enough power to the phone to actually charge it while running a navigation app? I tried to do the same, but the Qi charger isn't keeping up with my iPhoneX running Waze...so I'm back to plugging in.

I just did the brushed metal console wrap. It was incredibly difficult, even with the videos. I already wrapped the the exterior logos, door handles, and the interior door console so I had some experience but none of that seemed to matter when it came to the cup holders.

I didn't really freak out until I went to use the 2nd extra one Kenriko had included. That one got a micro tear that obviously grew to a noticeable size so I just gave that one up completely and went back to the original one I made the attempt with. It was more durable but it got a tiny piece of cloth fiber underneath.

From a distance you can't see it but there's a tiny bulge under the wrap. Not sure if Kenriko sells these in singles but if not, I'll live with it until it gets damage and I re-order a replacement.

Attachments

• 7547434283255038705.jpg
    7547434283255038705.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 288
Installed the matte white wrap yesterday. Not sure if y'all are a bunch of moonlighting auto detailers, but this was an extremely difficult install. Watched the video, and still took me in total about 5 hours over 2 days, and I have a couple of micro-tears and wrinkles in it still that I couldn't get out.

I'm sure it's my technique, but it's not something I'd attempt to do again.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr and malciv
Installed the matte white wrap yesterday. Not sure if y'all are a bunch of moonlighting auto detailers, but this was an extremely difficult install. Watched the video, and still took me in total about 5 hours over 2 days, and I have a couple of micro-tears and wrinkles in it still that I couldn't get out.

I'm sure it's my technique, but it's not something I'd attempt to do again.
Can you share pictures? Debating on how this would look with my white interior.