Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Charging and Other Queries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont think thats correct. If it was a small USB would handle it easily
It is not do do with the size of the USB but the design of the system.

Perhaps it has changed since I last looked at it but from a dashcam perspective, all you have is the saved footage (from when you press the dashcam icon to tell it to save) and that footage is 10 minutes long.

Now, if you pull out the USB device and read it in a computer you will see the footage that wasn't "saved". i.e. it continually records and writes to the USB device and when you tell it to "save" it copies that footage to another folder on the device. I wasn't able to work out how log it kept the rolling footage but I do remember once trying to find some footage from the same day I didn't "save" and it wasn't there.

• Informative
Reactions: paulp
Is there any accessory I might buy in Black Friday sale and recommended seller to save some money

I know shouldn’t before the car comes to see what is useful but trying to gauge what’s most common and recommended

Only thing comes to mind is
  • mud flaps (if official store one not recommended)
  • Spigen protector (or PPF later as per query above)
  • console organiser - so many of them and might just leave it or the official store ?
Tessories has 20% off for BF, I'd recommend getting their all weather mats, rear boot liner, windscreen sunshade, interior cupholders

Tessories has 20% off for BF, I'd recommend getting their all weather mats, rear boot liner, windscreen sunshade, interior cupholders
Thanks.. will look into them.. not sure if I need the all weather mats.. what about mud flaps? from Tesla or 3rd party or not req? traditionally been in all my cars.. and organiser tray?

lol probably shouldn't buy stuff

Thanks.. will look into them.. not sure if I need the all weather mats.. what about mud flaps? from Tesla or 3rd party or not req? traditionally been in all my cars.. and organiser tray?

One of the first accessories I bought were third party mudflaps from AliExpress, way before Tesla had them. I think Model 3 looks incomplete without mudflaps and the ones I got look great (better than the Tesla ones IMHO), as well as stopping crap hitting the duco.

I wouldn‘t bother with an organiser tray, but I’m not the sort of person who uses their car as mobile storage for random stuff. The only things in my console are tissues, spare face masks, hand sanitiser and a Chargefox RFID card.

I think Model 3 looks incomplete without mudflaps and the ones I got look great (better than the Tesla ones IMHO)
Link please
Not sure to be honest but I picked up a T7 500gb for $89 in a The Good Guys black friday sale (matched by JB Hifi). Samsung MU-PC500T/WW 500GB T7 Portable SSD (Titan Gray) at The Good Guys this is a steal!
Thanks.. yeah just contemplating if I should use my existing 250GB M2 SSD with a $30-$55 case… or get a 1TB T7
I would recommend the Mud Flaps from Tessories, look and fit great and easy to put on, no need to remove the wheel.
Thanks

Might get mud flaps only and get PPF for screen protector as its cheaper than spigen

• Anyone with latest M3LR - how does the close up of wheel and brakes colour look like? just wondering how it looks in real life for red LR as I was thinking to get that painted black wheels + red brakes
  • Is homelink available from store for new cars? Has anyone got it working with Gliderol motor and remote? I do have iSmartGate as well. Videos online don't have Gliderol as an example or didn't find one

Might get mud flaps only and get PPF for screen protector as its cheaper than spigen

• Anyone with latest M3LR - how does the close up of wheel and brakes colour look like? just wondering how it looks in real life for red LR as I was thinking to get that painted black wheels + red brakes
  • Is homelink available from store for new cars? Has anyone got it working with Gliderol motor and remote? I do have iSmartGate as well. Videos online don't have Gliderol as an example or didn't find one
There is an entire thread on here outlining the reciever you need to make homelink work with all brands other than chamberlaine branded products. It wont work as is with gliderol, but will once you add the reciever.

Link please
I mis-remembered. My mudflaps came from an eBay store and they don’t seem to exist any more.

This is what they look like. One advantage is they used existing fixing points and no drilling required. They haven’t fallen off.

1638185663592.png

I mis-remembered. My mudflaps came from an eBay store and they don’t seem to exist any more.

This is what they look like. One advantage is they used existing fixing points and no drilling required. They haven’t fallen off.

View attachment 738564
Have these stopped you getting stone chips under the sills? I'm really worried about that because of how much they roll under. I got a set from tessories in the black friday sale and they also clip on the guard and use the existing fixings (so they say).

Hi guys, bump for this thread with a slightly different question re charging…

Does a T2 cable come with the M3, and if so what length/rating?

What length T2 cable do you think is needed? Is more than 5m ever really helpful?
Or if I can ask a more specific question: has anyone gotten the 7.5m Type 2 Mennekes Cable from Tesla:
MENNEKES Type 2 Adapter - 7.5m

I assume this is a 22kW T2 cable? Correct?

I've got a 5m 22kW cable from JetChargeOne and used it in Sydney's East and North 10+ times, never needed more than 3m. (Live in an apartment building and still working on charging, so rely on public charging more than most)

A 7m 22kW will also be pretty heavy to handle.

If you've got home charging, and just want the cable for occasional top-up/backup, I'd almost consider the curly 7kW cables - will take up a lot less space and only having one live wire will be a lot lighter.

Just a note.on the 3 types -
The TM3 maxes at 11kW due to the on-board charger.
22kW cable - 11kW on 3ph32A (22kW rated), 7kW on 1ph32A
11kW cable - 11kW on 3ph, 3.5kW on 1ph
7kW cable - 7kW on 3ph, 7kW on 1ph

Around Sydney I'd say 20-30% of public chargers are only single phase, particularly the streetside council ones. Not sure about Bne.

Last edited: