Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Colour choice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm about to order, but still havering between blue and silver. I've only seen silver in the flesh once very briefly and the blue not at all.

It's not helped by the guy when I had my test drive saying the colour looks different in real life from photos - borne out by a Google image search where there appear to be about 4 different shades of blue and three of silver

Because they're selling as fast as they get them none of the London showrooms/test centres seem to have anything other than white

Unless there's someone on here in the Hertfordshire/north London area who's got one they wouldn't mind me coming to look at, it strikes me my best bet might be to turn up at a collection centre and hope they've got one of each.

Those of you have collected from one of the London centres - does this seem like a good idea?
Mine is blue/white great colour when washed polished and not as many around.

really happy with MSM, it is definitely nothing to do with silver.

The blue is a very deep and lovely blue colour. Midnight silver has multiple personas depending on weather conditions and state of cleanliness. Looking forward to seeing its full repertoire when full detail with ceramic happens in a few weeks.

You won’t be disappointed with either choice, and both suit the black/white interior. probably the midnight silver works slightly better with the grey aero wheels, but only just.

I took a pic the other week when it was a few days old clean-ish and then one as sunset started out on the hills above us after a week of local dusty roads

Attachments

• B5D0139A-8BC1-40BB-B40E-F3F90B22D71B.jpeg
    B5D0139A-8BC1-40BB-B40E-F3F90B22D71B.jpeg
    371.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 093DB08C-D676-4024-BA36-9439DD6A7116.jpeg
    093DB08C-D676-4024-BA36-9439DD6A7116.jpeg
    532.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Love
Reactions: OneTinyFish
I'm about to order, but still havering between blue and silver. I've only seen silver in the flesh once very briefly and the blue not at all.

Unless there's someone on here in the Hertfordshire/north London area who's got one they wouldn't mind me coming to look at, it strikes me my best bet might be to turn up at a collection centre and hope they've got one of each.

Those of you have collected from one of the London centres - does this seem like a good idea?

I had this exact same dilemma. Originally was thinking MSM but then when I test drove at West Drayton they had about 10 Model 3s sitting around - and I saw Blue and MSM side by side. Then I saw the white interior, which for me brings both colours to life.

I think you’ll be pleased with either option. I agree with others here if you are going to keep it shiny then MSM probably clinches it, but if not (I know myself too well) I think MSM just looks a bit dull and grey unless it’s sparkling. And personally I don’t like the Aeros with it as they are too similar in colour. Some people prefer that though...YMMV

so blue on white for me. You’re welcome to come and see it, M40 J4 but unfortunately I don’t have the MSM to compare :D

I went with the black - really liked the white, it's a great colour but couldn't stand the thought of the effort of removing tar spots and dead bugs again (those will be there on darker colours but don't stand out so much).

All grey coloured cars are good at hiding dirt IMHO (or perhaps don't look so bad dirty) but my last car was a beautiful grey (Mercedes mountain grey metallic) which unfortunately made the Tesla version seem a bit wishy washy to me in comparison so I fancied a change for better or worse...

The black looks great with the aero wheels - let's see how I feel about it after a muddy winter in the countryside!

Henry Ford had it wrong... Any colour except black for me (but we're all different, no offence to Akenham). I think Black is the only non metallic colour and water spots and those fine scratches all cars seem to get however good your cleaning technique is eventually show up especially if you live in a hard water area. .

On blue v Red, blue with white interior, Red with black interior, not sure I like the red with white seats for some reason and Blue Black looks a bit depressing. As I like the white interior I'd be going blue out of those two.

Model S's granted, but I saw a complete rainbow of colours parked next to each other in various states of cleanliness. We got a blue M3, swmbo's car so her choice, but I think if it was me, based upon the rainbow display, MSM would be my choice. Certainly seems to hide the dirt better than our blue does. But they all look good when pristine.

Reactions: Spacep0d
The Midnight Silver Mettalic looks very different once cleaned up so I'm not sure if the colour will be representative if viewing at a collection centre.

I was quite disappointed with my colour choice when I collected, but love the MSM now, after having a ceramic coating applied and after a good wash.

The silver specks in the grey really pop and it certain light can look almost lilac/light blue. It's a bit of a chameleon.

This! My girlfriend test drove and bought a silver and we'll be taking delivery this week. It's gorgeous in person and especially in sunlight. She got hers with the white interior.

I went Red / White interior. I always seem to end up with whatever the manufacturer uses in the glossy photo shoots. I had a silver Mercedes SLK with red interior before the Tesla. I've found the red paintwork needs cleaning far more often than light silver.