Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also seeing Oct-Dec 2018 for delivery of D (to the East Coast).

Seems awfully late if they are starting D production in Spring 2018. Hopefully they are just hedging the dates right now so they don't overpromise.

Edit: RN did not match, FWIW.

I added ?rn=RNXXX (same query param as the page for the reservation details) to the ur for the delivery estimator and it pulled my reservation date correctly.
DeliveryEstimate.png

I was the first reservation at the Kansas City store, so I'm at bit surprised that it will take until September to get AWD. They must be anticipating a very slow AWD ramp, since the FAQ says they will start delivering AWD to employees in the spring.

I reserved in-store in CA about 2 hours after opening time and this is what I'm seeing...
LR: Nov-Jan '18
Standard: Jan-Mar '18
D: Sept-Nov '18

Seems awfully late for D, which is my preference, considering that production is supposed to begin in spring '18. Not sure how to proceed. :-\

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
I reserved mine on March 31, 2017 on east coast, non-Tesla employee, and no Tesla vehicle ownership. I want a Tesla Model 3 75D and it's estimating for me in the Sept-Nov 2018 block. Very disappointing if that's the case. Kissing goodbye to that full $7500 federal tax credit.

East coast, S owner, pre release 2x reservation.

Didn't expect res 2 to be back of the line. I understand not having owner priority on both but early 2019 seems like my additional $1k deposit on march 31 was for nothing. Hopefully tesla will address this for early 2x res holders even if we have to sign something to agree not to flip the car within a year or something.

IMG_1839.JPG

Same here. East coaster that stood in line before the store opened. Really interested in the AWD. With a Sept - Nov 2018 estimate the best I can hope for would be 1/4 the tax credit. Since the FAQ says spring 2018 which is incorrect? The estimator or the FAQ?

I reserved mine on March 31, 2017 on east coast, non-Tesla employee, and no Tesla vehicle ownership. I want a Tesla Model 3 75D and it's estimating for me in the Sept-Nov 2018 block. Very disappointing if that's the case. Kissing goodbye to that full $7500 federal tax credit.

I'm the same as you said in every way with the exception of being on the west coast. I guess $3500 is better than nothing for the car I want.

East coast, S owner, pre release 2x reservation.

Didn't expect res 2 to be back of the line. I understand not having owner priority on both but early 2019 seems like my additional $1k deposit on march 31 was for nothing. Hopefully tesla will address this for early 2x res holders even if we have to sign something to agree not to flip the car within a year or something.
I'm mostly sure that is not correct and will be addressed. For your information I got an October reservation in Europe and it is telling me late 2018 for every configuration.

Reactions: JPUConn
In the FAQ it says all international order are late 2018.... ZZZZZzzzz
Yes, it says, but if they start deliveries late 2018 they can't deliver all of them late 2018. I'm not expecting to get mine the same month as someone who reserved 6 months before me. My point was that the estimator may be correct for early reservations for USA but certainly will still be corrected in the future for outise USA deliveries and 2nd reservation deliveries.

Model S owner, California, reserved the 3 on March 31st, 2016

First Production: Oct 2017 - Dec 2017
Standard Battery: Dec 2017 - Feb 2018
AWD: Jul 2018 - Sep 2018

Chose "First Production" as wife's e-Golf lease expires in Dec and the First Production specs look rather worth the difference from the standard battery version. No interest in the AWD; my current beast provides enough giggles :)

I have a question- it looks like the earliest delivery, the "first production" option, starts at $49k. The larger battery is supposed to make it $44k, so is this price included the $5k premium upgrade? I want the $44k battery but not the $5k upgrade with it. Will I have to wait for the first delivery estimate or the second delivery estimate?

I have a question- it looks like the earliest delivery, the "first production" option, starts at $49k. The larger battery is supposed to make it $44k, so is this price included the $5k premium upgrade? I want the $44k battery but not the $5k upgrade with it. Will I have to wait for the first delivery estimate or the second delivery estimate?

Yes, the $5k is the premium upgrades option. This is from the FAQ:

Model 3 Reservations FAQ

Will there still be a $35,000 Model 3 option?
Yes. Our first production Model 3 vehicles are preconfigured to ensure a smooth production ramp so that we can deliver more cars to more customers at a faster pace. The beginning configuration is a Long Range Battery with rear-wheel drive and premium upgrades, starting at $49,000. These vehicles come with three options for customization: wheel size, exterior color and Autopilot features.