Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Troy ,

In the Electrek article I didn't see you reference this line "The automaker opened up Model 3 reservations to both Tesla and SpaceX employees (and their families)".

That's the first I've seen about families of employees being able to reserve the car. Would they account for the 10k+ count? Would they go to the front of the line ahead of current owners?

Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

Thanks

MyTesla page has now been updated for unlocking the configuration specs ... :cool:

Tesla says ‘Model 3 invitations arriving soon’ for early reservation holders

upload_2017-7-27_20-15-17.png

It looks like employee reservations started at 350,000 but it is perfectly possible that they allocated the 350,000 to 360,000 gap to employees. Maybe California started at 360,000 and another region at 370,000. There is this kind of inconsistency in those numbers. See the list here. One of the first people who reserved had a number that started with 370,xxx but others after him had lower numbers.

Therefore my theory is that each region had a pre defined starting number but then they ditched the idea when the reservations exploded, however, the gap between 350,000-360,000 was never filled.
it is the same queue for all reservations / orders. so any gaps between the employee reservations and march 31st would be Model S and X orders being placed.

• Informative
Reactions: Model 3
@melindav, that's an interesting theory. I have a spreadsheet where I can enter any date and it shows Tesla's global and USA sales until that date. I have checked the global S/X sales numbers, and they look like this:

17 March 2016: 122,321 units
31 March 2016: 124,599 units

The difference is 2,278 units. There is 352,XXX here on 17 March. This could be anything from 352,001 to 352,999. I think the smallest number we had on 31st March 2016 was 363,XXX. (363,001-363,999). Based on this calculation, the employee reservations might be between 7,724 - 9,720 units.

The number I'm using is 5,627. That's my best guess based on research but the theory you came up with makes sense. So, I will increase the number a little in the next update which should be soon. Thanks

Btw, currently, the calculations show 12 Oct for first non-employee deliveries. Increasing employee reservations would delay that by a week to around 19 Oct 2017.

Last edited:
International deliveries : late 2018. Right hand drive countries : 2019. Unfortunately this is much later than expected. For US customers I guess the delivery estimator is still mostly correct but for international orders they may need to add 9-12 months....
How could the estimator possibly be correct when we have no idea how many reservations are international? If 50% are international (probably unlikely), then I just jumped a couple hundred thousand places in line.

Hi, everybody. The delivery event is now a few days away and I want to add a few comments about range and degradation that could be helpful when deciding what range you need. There are two important things you need to know.... .

If I apply what you said (not even considering winter because I live in Southern California) the awesome 310 mileage becomes almost necessary...

Code:
95%    init degrad     
85%    epa     
. . . .   max    max    max
battery 100%    90%  .  80%
310    250.3    237.2    223.2
220    177.7    168.3    158.4

The delivery estimate tool is bit wonky. I made online order on 3/31, but it's now showing me:

RNxxxxxxx made on July 3, 2016

And it's showing delivery estimate late 2018.

No worries, they'll fix those before Monday.

Ok, and it's fixed now. Showing 3/31 reserve with delivery estimates:

Jan-Mar for LR
Mar-May for base
Oct-Dec 2018 for D

I was hoping for Dec2017 for LR, will see.