Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current survey data shows 84% of owners who have entered their data have received invites. You can enter your data here. The spreadsheet was originally created by @schonelucht (excellent idea!) and then @chojn1 created a new version from his copy when there was an issue with the old one (perfect save!). I help out with this spreadsheet. If you have any comments about this spreadsheet, there is a thread here.

I'm an owner and in CA but still haven't gotten the invite to configure. :(

I would worry if all the owners in California received their invites except you. But since there's still a sizable group of owners from California not invited yet, not much to do. My guess is that you'll get your invite sometime this month along with the rest of the Ca owners.
haha yeah, I'm not too worried but just wish I had it already. :p

My estimate still shows Nov-Jan on the site so I have hope...until end of Jan comes and the site just updates to a later date. lol

My estimate still shows Nov-Jan on the site so I have hope...until end of Jan comes and the site just updates to a later date. lol

Once you're finish reading every single post on this forum for the day, head over to the spreadsheet to enter your reservation. Then keep an eye on the table at cell BZ3 of the Overview tab to get an idea of how the deliveries are going along.

CJ

Reactions: Troy
Thanks. I think they started with March 31, 2016 reservation CA owners...

I hope they invite us non-owner, near the factory, line-waiters soon... But based on postings, it sounds like being an existing owner is putting you in front of us now even though you didn't make a reservation until 2017.
Making a reservation and putting down deposit money before we knew anything about the car (pre-"reveal") is a level of faith / trust / hope that I think is not so well known by people who decided to wait until much later to make a decision to reserve.

Last edited:
Reactions: ggies07
Thanks. I think they started with March 31, 2016 reservation CA owners...

I hope they invite us non-owner, near the factory, line-waiters soon... But based on postings, it sounds like being an existing owner is putting you in front of us now even though you didn't make a reservation until 2017.
Making a reservation and putting down deposit money before we knew anything about the car (pre-"reveal") is a level of faith / trust / hope that I think is not so well known by people who decided to wait until much later to make a decision to reserve.
I'm cool with this, and would expect it to continue to be Tesla's approach all the way through the backlog of M3 reservations. Why am I cool with it, despite being a non-owner east coast 4/1/16 deposit-maker? Because I think it is appropriate for Tesla to continue to reward buyers of Model S/X, since each unit sold of those vehicles contributes a material amount of profit margin dollars to the company's coffers. Far more than my paltry $1000 deposit for M3. Not saying I'm correct, but that's how I see the logic in Tesla's logic on this topic.

Any current guesses as to what "Early 2018" means for an SR? I'm in WA and the state sales tax incentive is going to end in March-April timeframe. I'm a line-waiter, non-owner.

Kipa
I wouldn't hold on to the idea of them (Tesla) meeting that early 2018 deadline for SR (early means by Mar in my mind). Whatever your delivery window is right now, I'd add another quarter to that.

I had an early deposit for an X and when my turn in line came and went I called Tesla HQ/Support. It turns out that although on "My Tesla" page it showed I had a deposit for the X that it was associated with a deposit for an S internally. (I didn't do anything unusual to cause this, just put a deposit online). Anyway, if it becomes obvious (i.e. there are no other Nov-Jan waiters) I would say it would be worth reaching out to Tesla. In my case customer service had to do something with finances and then my configurator opened up. Mistakes happen.