Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@hoang51,
I don't see a problem. The global reservation number is early because you reserved early but if you look a few rows below that, there is a row called "Your global production sequence no". It shows that you will get the 138,469 .th Tesla. How is this possible? Easy, you are selecting the Performance version which starts production on 7 Sep 2018 for your region. It shows this date 2 rows below 6943.

As for tax credits, there is no error because the dates overlap.

Optimistic scenario: $3,750 for deliveries from 1 Oct 2018 to Mar 31, 2019
Pessimistic scenario: $3,750 for deliveries from 1 Jul 2018 to Dec 31, 2018
10 October 2018 is within both date ranges. That means if you take delivery in October, November or December 2018 you will get $3,750 either way.
[/QUOTE]

To elaborate more on my glitch post, I was seeing the previous way that you had presented the tax optimistic and pessimistic timing. For some strange reason, I was seeing the $7,500 timing (max tax credit) and then it reverted to the current presented timing of the half tax credit timing of $3,750.

Screenshot_2018-01-12-03-19-23.png

Last edited:
Hi,
Check out this tool I created:

Tesla Model 3 Delivery Estimator

I just tried it:

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 9.17.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 9.09.58 PM.png

The actual date I got my invite email was December 8, 2017. I believe the people who were in my invite group who ordered right away had their production start near the end of the year and deliveries near the end of the year, and maybe a few in the beginning of the next year, so the estimate above is pretty close.

I'll note that your estimator has different options than available by Tesla; it says "LR or SR", which Tesla considers different, and it has "Performance", which Tesla doesn't have, but Tesla does have a "Premium" which your spreadsheet doesn't have.

All in all, pretty good.

P.S., I checked mode3tracker.info, and 2 of 3 people who were invited around me got delivered in 2 weeks + 1 day on Dec 24, and the last one in 3 weeks + 1 day on Dec. 31, which I recall being accurate for that time period; i.e., the estimate of 4 weeks given by the configurator and your estimator was pessimistic.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: FlatSix911
Hi @Ulmo. Thanks for the feedback. I have now removed SR. It's not included because it complicates the calculations too much.

The Performance version was confirmed by Elon. You need to add a few months to the times below. Tesla doesn't want to talk about the Performance version because they want to sell more Model S now.

Elon confirms performance with ludicrous (tweeted on 29 Apr 2016) Twitter
Performance version mid-2018 (tweeted on 24 Mar 2017) Twitter
Model 3 Performance in mid-2018 (tweeted on 29 Jul 2017) Twitter

Here is some interesting data from the Model 3 Invites spreadsheet. If you have received an invite, please add your data. I help out with this spreadsheet. We need more data from invitees.

The last invites batch was on 4 Jan. The previous one was on 22 Dec. The next batch might arrive tomorrow or the next day. On the East Coast, invites started on 4 Jan and deliveries start tomorrow.

XB2i2Av.gif

bg9KLIS.gif

Done ... order information completed. :cool:
Here is some interesting data from the Model 3 Invites spreadsheet. If you have received an invite, please add your data. I help out with this spreadsheet. We need more data from invitees.

The last invites batch was on 4 Jan. The previous one was on 22 Dec. The next batch might arrive tomorrow or the next day. On the East Coast, invites started on 4 Jan and deliveries start tomorrow.

XB2i2Av.gif

bg9KLIS.gif

Here is the latest news:

VIN based estimates currently show 15,000-20,000 Model 3 deliveries in Q1. The estimates fluctuate a lot because the VINs are not sequential. Tesla sometimes uses up all the high VINs and then they go back and use the low VINs they have left. People can follow the latest estimates very easily. Here are 3 auto-updating charts linked to a spreadsheet where people enter Model 3 VINs.
In addition, my analysis shows that Tesla will run out of owners soon for the current configuration even if they make white and cream interior available. Therefore one of two things will happen soon:
  • Tesla will add the standard range or AWD version to the configurator or
  • they will send out invites to non-owners.
I predict that by 10 Feb 2018 Tesla will either make the Model 3 SR available in the configurator or they will make the AWD available or they will send out the first batch of invites to non-owners. You might say why so soon? The reason is that Tesla aims to deliver cars within 30 days of invites. Therefore the changes need to happen 30 days in advance.

Here is the latest news:

VIN based estimates currently show 15,000-20,000 Model 3 deliveries in Q1. The estimates fluctuate a lot because the VINs are not sequential. Tesla sometimes uses up all the high VINs and then they go back and use the low VINs they have left. People can follow the latest estimates very easily. Here are 3 auto-updating charts linked to a spreadsheet where people enter Model 3 VINs.
In addition, my analysis shows that Tesla will run out of owners soon for the current configuration even if they make white and cream interior available. Therefore one of two things will happen soon:
I predict that by 10 Feb 2018 Tesla will either make the Model 3 SR available in the configurator or they will make the AWD available or they will send out the first batch of invites to non-owners. You might say why so soon? The reason is that Tesla aims to deliver cars within 30 days of invites. Therefore the changes need to happen 30 days in advance.
As a non-owner with a first run estimate of Dec-Feb my money is on non-owners next. With the other rumor that Tesla expects to meet their current delivery estimates I said previously that I would have to get my invitation within the next couple weeks to meet the February deadline. Your Feb 10th prediction would probably mean mine will be delivered the first week of March but that would be fine with me.

Inter
Here is the latest news:

Interesting....question though - im a non owner, line waiter (1:30pm CT) and the official site AND latest config still says Early 18 for me, so why did you take it off your estimator? I hope you are right and the SR is opened...

Can you share how you have done this portion of the analysis? Are there any hard numbers for how many owners have Model 3 reservations?