Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla.com might be updating the Delivery Estimater (I'm assuming moving back the estimate) currently getting error:
502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.10.2​
Getting the same thing. I've been waiting for Tesla to update my delivery estimate. I reserved 12/2/16, am non-owner, live in Denver. Tesla is (or has been) saying Apr 18 - Jun 18 for LR. Troy shows Dec 18 (which sounds way more likely). We will see.

Uh, yeah. There are 14 on the showroom floor (and 30 in the back). But you can't sit in them because they're each tagged to a customer. They're also parked about six inches apart in an effort to keep them all indoors. It is at least a good way to go see paint colors in person (the 14 contained all colors other than silver), along with wheel/color combinations. The car, quite simply, is gorgeous. I also forgot to mention that I checked several for body panel fit/finish and noted that most hoods are misaligned by maybe a millimeter, but was noticeable only when looking for it. This is a big improvement over the panel fits I observed in Fremont in mid-August.
Thanks for the tip....while making a service appointment for my S, I asked and they have 30 Model 3s at the Decatur location today. May have to swing by to take a look in person. Enjoy the weekend.

Just published by Electrek ... Tesla starts building more Model 3 vehicles with dual motor ahead of launch

We are getting more evidence that Tesla is getting closer to expand Model 3 options to include its dual motor all-wheel-drive powertrain. As shown by the Model 3 vehicle identification number (VIN) decoder, the 8th digit represents the type of powertrain and the number 2 means a dual motor. Last month, we reported on Tesla registering 19 Model 3 VINs with dual motor powertrain with NHTSA in the latest batch of new VINS. It happened right after the Tesla Model 3 dual motor powertrain design leaked in the latest design studio update. Tesla registered a new batch of Model 3 VINs this week – bringing the total in the 11,000s, which is an increase of about 3,000 VINs in the last 2 weeks. Two dozen of those Model 3 VINs were registered with dual motor powertrain – adding to the previous batch:

In the latest Model 3 online design studio update, Tesla says that the first Model 3 dual motor deliveries are coming in Spring 2018. Spring 2018 can mean anything from March to June so it could be coming quite fast. It makes sense since Tesla has been going for higher margin vehicles first with the Long Range battery pack and the dual motor option would be the next logical step in this strategy.

upload_2018-2-3_10-19-55.png

Reactions: 03DSG
So a random thought occurred while looking at the nhtsa and tesla reserving over 11k. What if the reason we haven't seen any new vins is because they're stockpiling cars for a major non owner delivery event as soon as it's announced?! Here's hoping....

• Disagree
Reactions: mjp462
So a random thought occurred while looking at the nhtsa and tesla reserving over 11k. What if the reason we haven't seen any new vins is because they're stockpiling cars for a major non owner delivery event as soon as it's announced?! Here's hoping....
That'd be very surprising, given how high a priority it is for Tesla to convert components/metal back into cash ASAP these days, to fund the ramp as well as Semi and Model Y development, not to mention Solar Roof production ramp. This move would be exceptionally expensive PR.

That'd be very surprising, given how high a priority it is for Tesla to convert components/metal back into cash ASAP these days, to fund the ramp as well as Semi and Model Y development, not to mention Solar Roof production ramp. This move would be exceptionally expensive PR.
Yes but you can bet every site will write about it. The amount of pr this will generate Will be
https://m.popkey.co/62de85/AGWAx.gif

Depends which configuration you root for. If AWD is the one you want, then you'd say the same thing if they release SR before AWD.
The problem is, once they open up AWD all those people who passed on ordering the car, jump into line ahead of, or at the same time as people who haven't had a chance yet. They don't need new invites, they can start to order a car at any time.