Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 driver's side mirror has limited adjustment range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Tesla 3 last week and fantastic apart from one thing: I can't seem to get driver's door mirror adjusted properly. I want a view with less car body and looking higher but it just stops moving. The passenger side mirror adjusts fully. Anyone else noticed this? It is a right pain.

Reactions: beachmiles
Check around the MY forums. I think there were also reports of mirrors not adjusting far enough outward and up due to the heating element. The fix was to take the mirror off and trim a tab. Easy 5 min fix or Tesla service can complete. Sorry I don’t have the ability to search and find the right thread right now.

Might be a hardware issue, make a service appointment. Our Model 3 doesn’t have this issue, but a rented Model 3 I drove recently did have problems with the driver’s side mirror adjustment.

Mine (drivers side mirror) also does not adjust far enough out, actually. It doesnt adjust far enough out to adjust the mirrors "properly" to remove the blind spot, when I am in my normal driving position.

I just thought they all were that way, because I have only been in a couple different model 3s.

I too thought my driver's side mirror won't adjust far enough to cover the blind spot, so I put a round stick-on mirror. If I can trim some plastic, to allow more adjustment, and not have to use the stick-on, that would be better. When I have the time, I'll look into it.

Is this only on certain years? i have a 2020 and i have no issues. I remember the day i got the car setting my seat, stearing and mirrors. That's the last time i adjusted them. I'm 6 ft, could it just be for taller/ shorter drivers?

Is this only on certain years? i have a 2020 and i have no issues. I remember the day i got the car setting my seat, stearing and mirrors. That's the last time i adjusted them. I'm 6 ft, could it just be for taller/ shorter drivers?

It could also be that a lot of people dont adjust their mirrors "far enough out". If side mirrors are adjusted properly, there really is no blind spot while looking in them, but people dont adjust them out far enough most times.

I drove for many years with my side mirrors adjusted "wrong", and didnt learn the "right" way (which is basically NOT seeing the side of your car at all, for a general description) until around 15 years or so ago.

Here is a video showing proper adjustment (which I can not make on my model 3):