Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Firmware 2018.4.8 9b31a91

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a notice on the Tesla app that I had an update available for my Model 3. It was interesting since just 2 days ago I was at the SC and they installed the latest version of firmware 18.4.6. Anyway, installed 2018.4.8 9b31a91 last night and the release notes mentioned a few things:

Access the Owner's Manual from the touchscreen
Manage your phone keys
Tire Pressure Units

YGtiZSP.jpg

7fuObDb.jpg

80qcfvj.jpg

Just got 2018.4.8 too about 25 minutes ago, went to garage to start the update and completed in less than 10 minutes. Fastest update ever! Updated from 2018.4.6 that i got from SC on 2/9.

@myblubu the release notes you posted exactly the same as 2018.4.6.

I’ll check mine tomorrow, too lazy to go to the garage now..

Tesla told me that the updates are specific to the car - which I took to me some subset of cars with similar features. Then I look around and see the cars are all the essentially the same and I wonder why the newest my car has is 2017.50.13, or what is the subtle difference between my car in the 46** vin range vs any of the ones getting these newer updates...

There's a mystery here I tell ya..

Tesla told me that the updates are specific to the car - which I took to me some subset of cars with similar features. Then I look around and see the cars are all the essentially the same and I wonder why the newest my car has is 2017.50.13, or what is the subtle difference between my car in the 46** vin range vs any of the ones getting these newer updates...

Quick glance at TeslaFi at the five Model 3 that have received this update really seems to be random selection.
2018-02-23_9-43-24.jpg

I just got 2018.4.8 this morning as well. (VIN 47xx)

I was on 2018.4.6 which was applied at a Service Center last week. I don't see any apparent changes either. (Same release notes.)

Hoping it's related to EAP as speculated by some others but I'm guessing it's just bug fixes.

Update seemed minor. One bug that came with it is no matter what I’m listening to when I get out when I get back in the car it goes to FM radio.

One thing I noticed but I don’t know if it came with this update or not is that the turn signal shuts itself off after an auto lane change. Not sure if it did that before the update and I just never noticed it or not.