Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Flat tire and next service 9 October?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was lucky and got one of the first model 3's in the UK, blue SR+, really like the car.

I had a low pressure warning on one tire and took it to a garage to have a look, they said they couldnt fix it because its a Tesla, but filled it up with air, I reset TPMS and it seemed OK getting to work. Going back that evening there was a warning, tire at 1.1 Bar. I got home and it wasn't flat but was low. I don't have a pressure gauge but just ordered one.

Tried to book a service at Tesla - if local garage can't fix it no other choice, but the first date is 9 October!

Advice please: is it true that a slow puncture cant be fixed by anyone but Tesla? Seems ridiculous.

I actually just got my flat tire repaired yesterday at my local Costco.

They were familiar with the model 3.

Had the proper jackpads, and handled the foam just by cutting out the section near the puncture.

They did need to rebalance the wheel to compensate for cutting out the foam though.

Definitely looked like much more of a pain than a normal flat repair though.

I actually just got my flat tire repaired yesterday at my local Costco.

They were familiar with the model 3.

Had the proper jackpads, and handled the foam just by cutting out the section near the puncture.

They did need to rebalance the wheel to compensate for cutting out the foam though.

Definitely looked like much more of a pain than a normal flat repair though.

Which Costco is your local one?

I called Tesla roadside assistance and they said a good tyre shop like TSA Europe should be able to do it, and that if the tire was flat they'd take it from my house to the store. The pressure was about 1 bar but not flat, and I was able to drive a couple of miles to a TSA and they sorted it out fast. There was a screw in the middle of the tyre. So pretty OK with this. Cant work out why the very local store wouldnt handle it. TSA guys were pretty excited about the car.

I called Tesla roadside assistance and they said a good tyre shop like TSA Europe should be able to do it, and that if the tire was flat they'd take it from my house to the store. The pressure was about 1 bar but not flat, and I was able to drive a couple of miles to a TSA and they sorted it out fast. There was a screw in the middle of the tyre. So pretty OK with this. Cant work out why the very local store wouldnt handle it. TSA guys were pretty excited about the car.

Who are TSA Europe can't find any information about them?

My local village garage has done two on my S for me. They seemed unconcerned with acoustic tyres (said that some range rovers have them?). Their approach is fairly crude - cut the foam out around the inner hole and chuck it, then used what looked like a ball shaped stone to grind the glue line away and rough up before fitting the mushroom. More of an issue was getting the thing centred on their lift and blocking up the jacking points with timber offcuts for the backend cross lift thingy. Also happy for the owner to drive on he hoist and set jack mode, double check lift points and advise re wheel nut torque. For all the pratting about £12 seemed cheap. Come to mid wales.

Reactions: Roy W.