Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Free Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the 1 year free (which expired at beginning of year and I haven't tried supercharging since) and I just checked and it now shows Time Bound Supercharging (but no date). A quick google didn't show what that was supposed to mean, but I'm not about to dig (will find out next time when I happen to supercharge out of necessity). I'm in CA, where Tesla can bill by kWh, so I don't think that is the correct explanation.

Unfortunately I didn't pay attention if previously supercharger stations showed prices or not, but I'll check when I have the chance in the meantime to see if it shows it now (which may not prove anything, as be related to updates or it might have showed it previously).
I had the free supercharging for 2 years. It ended Oct 2021 and the expiration date just went away. I was able to charge for free for 5 additional months.

Timebound supercharging means it’s free with a set expiration. So if you still have that code when you check your car details in tesla account. That implies you’re still free

Other method of checking is simply selecting a supercharging to see if it displays rates. I’m in California also, so we have peak vs non peak.

Sorry. To clarify. Not referring to the referral miles. Some of us were given a time based free supercharging. 1 or 2 years, totally free.
Now that this is mentioned, I also had 1000 referral miles on my account and have not used those yet (given the free 1 year overrode it) and it no longer shows in the loot box or account. I wonder if the extended expiration of the time based free supercharging is related to this. Those referral miles originally had a 6 month expiration.

Yes, I was charged today after having the free charging for 2021. Sad! I charged earlier in the week and it was still free, guess it ended a day or two ago like you said.
Seems like Tesla did some house keeping. Mine officially ended 2/17. It is now using my referral miles. Was able to put on 66k mikes with the free supercharging.

California electricity rates are ridiculously high. Even with TOU prime it’s 20 cents on SCE

Now that this is mentioned, I also had 1000 referral miles on my account and have not used those yet (given the free 1 year overrode it) and it no longer shows in the loot box or account. I wonder if the extended expiration of the time based free supercharging is related to this. Those referral miles originally had a 6 month expiration.
Yep, mine is going away on 3/9/22, just a few days over six months...from the time we got our car.

Seems like Tesla did some house keeping. Mine officially ended 2/17. It is now using my referral miles. Was able to put on 66k mikes with the free supercharging.

California electricity rates are ridiculously high. Even with TOU prime it’s 20 cents on SCE
wow 66k miles?! You drive a lot! got your $$ with that promo. Insane how expensive its now at .48 for california

Referral miles have expiration as well. I believe the app use to show when they are set to expire. That program is no longer available and I don’t think anyone has referral miles anymore.

Mine don’t expire until middle of next year so I’ve got time to burn them down. Don’t see it happening though. I just don’t supercharge enough for that.

Attachments

• B26D4BFC-E593-4175-ABFD-6BFDDBA0BF88.jpeg
    B26D4BFC-E593-4175-ABFD-6BFDDBA0BF88.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: vickh and TrooperCA