Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a Ludicrous today in LA with the usual front/rear covers and plastic discs zip-tied over the Warp wheels, but what really surprised me was that the steering wheel was installed wrong.

So apparently they'll be launching in back-ass countries soon? Great news for Aussies (and any Brits who can find open roads!) Are RHD Ludicrousesises's commonly seen around here?
lol I didn’t snap to you meaning wrong as in wrong side 😂😂

I dont get this unless its supposed to be a hot take or something. This is not the launch of the model Y as a vehicle. This is the launch of a fairly niche performance version of a refreshed vehicle.

Its a much worse thing that there are delays on the regular model 3 with white seats than somehow "this launch is handled atrociously" because the data is not coming out exactly when enthusiasts want it (while almost no one else cares).
It’s not about the data coming out when anybody wants it but it is a niche vehicle so treat it as such. Don’t wait for some mystical date that doesn’t mean sh.t or an earnings call. Don’t wait for bunch celebrity Utubers who don’t really test the cars but just regurgitate specs given to them by the manufacturer. This car’s had more leaks than the Titanic so thats pointless. Do what Porsche did with the Taycan Turbo GT. Bring half a dozen cars, go to a track, invite the media and show them what the car can do. Simple.

Are there others that are likely to cross shop used or new BMW i4 M50 or Audi e-tron GT and the Model 3 L?

I’m thinking if I’d emphasize Teslas performance or go for a premium/traditional feel of the BMW/Audi. Although Higland overall feels like a big improvement fit and finish wise which is a huge improvement in my book. Still concerned about Tesla Vision, lack of stalks and especially if there will be as much variance in the quality as there was when I test drove my current Model 3.
I cross shopped and ended up with an i4m50. With current discounts and incentives they are available for about 60k new. Yes is still higher than a m3 but for me I appreciate the improved suspension and traditional car like feel of the BMW. It looks and drives like a BMW and it’s still stupid fast. The new L could sway me back to Tesla after a year or so. Since I’m getting crushed on depreciation I’ll need the M3L to come down before I jump in. The good news with EV depreciation is so long as you stick with a used EV you should be fine. Definitely drive one. The M50 is more of a GT than the Tesla so some of it depends on what you want from a car.

I cross shopped and ended up with an i4m50. With current discounts and incentives they are available for about 60k new. Yes is still higher than a m3 but for me I appreciate the improved suspension and traditional car like feel of the BMW. It looks and drives like a BMW and it’s still stupid fast. The new L could sway me back to Tesla after a year or so. Since I’m getting crushed on depreciation I’ll need the M3L to come down before I jump in. The good news with EV depreciation is so long as you stick with a used EV you should be fine. Definitely drive one. The M50 is more of a GT than the Tesla so some of it depends on what you want from a car.
Can you clarify if that is $60k for the BMW with a lease or with a purchase? What is the lease payment for that with no money down?

I am expecting the Model 3 Ludicrous to be about $900 a month for a lease with 15k miles and no money down.

No - been following for some time and the usual wow factor of an unveil is pretty much nonexistent unless they come up with something totally unexpected.
Others have just moved on.
Evidenced by people rushing to post random twitter / X sightings of vehicles, and at least at this forum close to 4000 posts on the topic?