Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why? Have you ever modded a car?
It’s fun and it’s a challenge.

I’m going with click bait until tesla announces. A highly successful click bait. Black tape means nothing. If you’re trying to pass it off, good job.

I’m not saying for an unreleased. I’m saying it’s possibly an LR designed to pass off as an incoming P. No one can substantiate other than Tesla when they are ready to.

Time will tell. 🤷🏽‍♂️ you guys can keep conjecturing and I’ll keep watching :)
Time will tell indeed lol
Ludicrous my arse lol.
Yeah, no stalks and lower range compared to my 2023, I’m out too.
I’ll stick with my 3.7 sec (no rollout) 22’ LR w/boost, stalks, USS , and 568km range (100%).

Disappointing unless they release a proper Lud option unlock some day to get to the 2.5. Highly unlikely.

Last edited:
(moderator note)

Since this is a "Speculation" thread, and people are going to start posting stuff now that we dont need to speculate, I stickied a discussion thread for "post announcement".

To be clear, discussion can continue here in this thread if desired, but the stickied "post announcement" thread allows a fresh start on the discussion if desired.

Not sure how that answers the question? Since Tesla sets difference prices in different countries there's no reason there couldn't have been a significant price difference INSIDE the US too.

Tesla instead chose to price it low enough to also get another $7500 off via the tax credit (not available on LR AWD)

Thus making the pricing on the LR AWD largely nonsensical.

They've got to either cut its price at least 4-5k or remove it from the menu at this point....
Sorry, I was a little too quick to answer and my answer was kind of nonsense question.

What I meant was that not too many countries besides us has the tax credit thing and I think the difference is still significant for example if you are buying either 50 t€ or 58t€ car (inc. taxes) over here.

I wonder if they will decrease LR price over there..

lol they’re not going to price the M3P at 55k before tax incentives. I’ll pretty much bet money on that. ESPECIALLY if it’s as big of an upgrade as projected not including the physical differences

Lets do it. give me the odds you're willing to take, since you're so sure we're not doing 1:1, so what's your over/under? ;)

@cptnslo Glad you didn't walk the walk and take that bet and we know who had the last laugh ;)

Hard pass. If someone doesn’t already have a 3P, this is great. But, it’s far from enough to get me to upgrade from my 3P with sport coilovers. I was hoping this would be a car I couldn’t resist, the almost plaid 3 I’ve been waiting years for. Oh well.

Honestly, since getting the Cybertruck my 3P now feels like outdated technology, especially the steering. Hopefully Elon’s “balls to the wall” FSD pivot doesn’t delay the Roadster beyond the timetables he gave a few months back

IMG_5005.jpeg