Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went through my summers in about 12k miles so i switched to A/S. I'm getting about 20k miles from these so thats a benefit. Noise? Incrementally more noise in my super noisy 2019 model 3 doesn't make a difference. Its all deafening to me anyway 😁

Same here. Had PS4S's on my 2018 3, lasted about a year (10k or so miles). Switched to PS4 A/S and those have lasted about 20k miles and zero problems down here in Texas with the winters.

Reactions: Apprunner
Technically, one should be able to benefit with a staggered setup for cornering.. the understeer produced should allow a bit more power down - assuming the power is available.
Applying more power at the rear during an understeer condition will only serve to take weight off the front end AND try to accelerate the vehicle, which will result in severe understeer. Natural understeer is certainly considered safer than oversteer for most drivers, but it does not have any performance benefits. I will be ditching the staggered setup on my Plaid and going square to address this exact issue. If you go do a track day, you'll find that the skinny front tires are what is limiting your lateral grip.

• Funny
Reactions: P-Lo801
Applying more power at the rear during an understeer condition will only serve to take weight off the front end AND try to accelerate the vehicle, which will result in severe understeer. Natural understeer is certainly considered safer than oversteer for most drivers, but it does not have any performance benefits. I will be ditching the staggered setup on my Plaid and going square to address this exact issue. If you go do a track day, you'll find that the skinny front tires are what is limiting your lateral grip.
I’d go square regardless.

So Tesla added inventory Model Y Long Range and Performance trims in quicksilver! I would be pretty pissed if I took delivery and shortly after, this color became available for the M3P. I would pay for that color now.

It’s very unlikely you’ll see it on other models. They’ve had quicksilver in other countries and recently expanded it. This was expected in the USA. It’s exclusive to Model Y in other countries as well. So we’d likely have to see a big change worldwide for Tesla to introduce it to other models. Also note they haven’t *added* colors in other countries, they’ve *replaced* colors for the new colors.

So Tesla added inventory Model Y Long Range and Performance trims in quicksilver! I would be pretty pissed if I took delivery and shortly after, this color became available for the M3P. I would pay for that color now.

I'm holding out for this color

It’s very unlikely you’ll see it on other models. They’ve had quicksilver in other countries and recently expanded it. This was expected in the USA. It’s exclusive to Model Y in other countries as well. So we’d likely have to see a big change worldwide for Tesla to introduce it to other models. Also note they haven’t *added* colors in other countries, they’ve *replaced* colors for the new colors.
Tesla will improve their paint facilities in United States eventually - everyone here complains about Tesla paint quality.

Last edited: