Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People seem to be confusing what they tested or what the world tested for a 0-60 time vs what Tesla says in their specs

The old M3P was 3.1 seconds listed time with rollout subtracted. The new Ludicrous M3P is allegedly 2.9 seconds listed time - with or without rollout we don’t know. Also 2.9 is speculative anyways.

Compare listed times to listed times, not real world times. Could be faster in real world tests later.
That’s what I was thinking. Let’s be real they underrate the cars from the factory anyway it seems

What’s the average 0-60 of the current M3P? Isn’t it in the mid to low 3?
I’m a MS owner so I’m not up to date on that
This is what it looks like if you don’t heat the battery typically. If you heat the battery completely then closer to low 3.2x. All of the 0-60 mph gains from heating the battery come after ~40 mph.

IMG_4429.png

A model Y performance is $53,490 before rebate. Does anyone think it would be reasonable to price this over $1500 more than that?

I'm not upgrading from an M3P so I'll happily sign up for 2.9s for <$55k with a partial or full tax credit.

Reactions: Adam3