Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So hopefully this won’t be seen as too off topic

Tesla just updated the app, and one of the changes is the Model S/X plaid show the Plaid logo instead of just the word Plaid. It’s similar to that shot of the ludicrous UI seen a while back.

IMG_4081.jpeg

1713873181512.jpeg

As for why this is model 3 related, I know some have been speculating the car will still be called a “model 3 performance” based on website source code and regulatory docs. But I don’t think that’s the case since they’re featuring the ludicrous badging pretty prominently and have now made a similar badge in the UI for the Plaid. I think it’s just an internal designation. The Plaid is also internally referred to as “performance”

I suppose the other possibility is there will be both a performance and a ludicrous model, but doesn’t seem like many leaks have pointed in that direction.

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Well this is depressing — it seems like the Porsche Macan EV might be the embargoed EV for this week. Hopefully it’s both.
It definitely appears that the EV Embargo they were talking about is the Porsche Macan EV. Everyone launched videos about it at 8:00 AM.

Maybe it isn’t getting announced today? That would really be a disaster for this car if they keep dragging this along.

For US, yes. For China supplied M3Ps, totally plausible. German website leak has May 1 as the date orders can begin and many M3Ps have been spotted leaving Shanghai.
It’s entirely possible that they are building production cars right now and they will almost be ready to ship when they finally announce them. They have so few options for the cars that building them in advance of ordering might be plausible.

It definitely appears that the EV Embargo they were talking about is the Porsche Macan EV. Everyone launched videos about it at 8:00 AM.

Maybe it isn’t getting announced today? That would really be a disaster for this car if they keep dragging this along.

Everything will be ok and you'll have some impressive dragy results to share with us soon.