Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you know when it was built?
i emailed my advisor. And I say to him, I say
"Can you look up real quick when my car was assembled? I walked into a store yesterday and they said they had 1 built in January, but had some miles on it. I declined it, but wanted to make sure it wasn't accidentally matched to me."

So they responded with the exact day and time it was built.

i emailed my advisor. And I say to him, I say
"Can you look up real quick when my car was assembled? I walked into a store yesterday and they said they had 1 built in January, but had some miles on it. I declined it, but wanted to make sure it wasn't accidentally matched to me."

So they responded with the exact day and time it was built.
Mine would never lol

Reactions: markdogg
For that kind of money, can’t you have your car repainted,if needed, rather than protecting the original paint? Just saying…
It’s pretty close to what it would cost for an entire new paint job yes. However, most people will never get their whole car painted, and very few might get the front bumper or a mirror repainted with enough damage.

I’d argue ppf is a one time up front cost for a flawless look for the life of the ppf vs. bare gets damaged more and more over time and will only get repainted after significant damage or won’t be repainted at all.

That being said as much as I want matte ppf for the entire car I’ll probably only get ppf for the front.

For that kind of money, can’t you have your car repainted,if needed, rather than protecting the original paint? Just saying…
For instance my wife was in her car and the lady next to her slammed her door into my wife’s mirror that has ppf. No damage at all. Also had an entire shredded semi tire hit the front of her car at highway speed and no damage thanks to the ppf.

Basically just trading surprise damage and repair costs with an up front cost. To each their own

Reactions: evfangirl
question for those who have leased from tesla previously - If you get the windows tinted, do they actually charge extra fee’s upon return? What have you previously done regarding this?

Coming from BMW’s, i’ve never had an issue returning a car that has been tinted - never charged an additional fee for it.

Appreciate any insights!

question for those who have leased from tesla previously - If you get the windows tinted, do they actually charge extra fee’s upon return? What have you previously done regarding this?

Coming from BMW’s, i’ve never had an issue returning a car that has been tinted - never charged an additional fee for it.

Appreciate any insights!
I am turning in my 2021 LR lease for the new model 3. I had the tint removed 2 months ago as the lease return inspection they did resulted in a charge of $350 if I turned it in with tint. Of course here we are 2 months later and I am driving around with no window tint and do not have a new car. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I just turned the car in without an inspection and left the window tint. Would they even notice.

Reactions: dillpickle24
I am turning in my 2021 LR lease for the new model 3. I had the tint removed 2 months ago as the lease return inspection they did resulted in a charge of $350 if I turned it in with tint. Of course here we are 2 months later and I am driving around with no window tint and do not have a new car. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I just turned the car in without an inspection and left the window tint. Would they even notice.
It makes sense to charge for modifications left on the car. It would take some labor to return the car to stock configuration and that cost money.

I got a quote for installing a upgrade service panel and installation of home charger from Tesla certified electrician

What do you guys think is this resonable?
IMG_0600.jpeg

I got a quote for installing a upgrade service panel and installation of home charger from Tesla certified electrician

What do you guys think is this resonable?View attachment 1030619

Call local electricians and get quotes from them. They're almost certainly going to be cheaper than whatever Tesla middle-man provider is going to be charging you.

Call local electricians and get quotes from them. They're almost certainly going to be cheaper than whatever Tesla middle-man provider is going to be charging you.
I thought I heard you have to get it installed from certified Tesla electrician
For if something goes wrong with the charger then Tesla will cover it under Warrenty if installed by one of there recommended electrician
heard someone say that on a YouTube video.. probably not true

What do you guys think is this resonable?View attachment 1030619
If this was in SoCal, this would be a bargain! I paid 6k for a 250 panel upgrade (permit) and 2k for a 100ft run for Tesla Wall Connector. Had 7 quotes from Yelp. Next lowest price was 9k just for panel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan. G
I thought I heard you have to get it installed from certified Tesla electrician
For if something goes wrong with the charger then Tesla will cover it under Warrenty if installed by one of there recommended electrician
heard someone say that on a YouTube video.. probably not true
Not true. You can have any licensed electrician install a wall connector and upgrade your electric panel. A nit pick: it's a wall connector, not a wall charger.

that is so tragic. Thank you for your insight.

Reactions: Dan. G
I’m getting a call back for a quote from a local guy soon.. I’ll let you guys know
Thanks guys
Good thing is my service panel is in my garage next to where my home connector will be installed

White interior people:

I have contacted a reporter from Teslarati who is interested in the story of white interior delays with no communication and quite frankly misleading estimated deliveries. He’s looking for comments that he can quote in the story. If you have any opinions/comments reply or DM me and I can forward stuff to him. Might not do much but better than typing into the void of this forum.