Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you feel "off" about the text, just call and confirm the informtion..

They do text to let you know your delivery is ready if you havent checked the app
I've been test driving a lot these past couple of months so I've been getting confirmation text through this number. I didn't expect the delivery team to text through the same number.

Pickup time is 3pm today. I was super excited when I picked up my 2022 S, but for the 3, I am somewhat concerned about a few things...

I know that Tesla is always updating the cars and that’s fine. I however would be disappointed if they release the front bumper camera a few weeks later. I do not need the performance 3, but I would like to know if it will be released with the front bumper camera or camera in the headlight. If the performance has it, then I would want to wait 30 days or so as the LR 3 would have it soon too.
So... did you get it?!?

• Funny
Reactions: sydneylax
Just picked her up.
IMG_9102.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9104.jpeg
    IMG_9104.jpeg
    520.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9105.jpeg
    IMG_9105.jpeg
    576.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9107.jpeg
    IMG_9107.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9101.jpeg
    IMG_9101.jpeg
    589.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9109.jpeg
    IMG_9109.jpeg
    545.6 KB · Views: 23
Figured that the car I ordered potentially arrive next week, or this weekend if stars aligns.

Delivery centers know when they will get units, so they can text the customers before VINs are assigned to expedite setting a delivery appointment. Catxi got the message before a VIN because they might not want a Highlander sit to long in the parking lot.

This applies to California, which the car arrive 1 day after it gets produced to the delivery center.

In case the car is delivered to another state, they have and approximate date when it can be delivered. These cases you get the VIN at the moment it goes up to the transfer truck.

This is just a theory after researching where is the car I ordered which have not been assigned a VIN to me yet.... however another theory is that VIN get assigned at the moment it gets to the delivery center, which is when they do the final inspection and prepare the car for delivery. If something is wrong with the car, they will fix it or get a replacement moving the dates.

Some years ago there were ways to know your VIN way before (the Chrome extension or check the source code). Seems that already got patched.

Congrats!! Looks awesome. How do you like the ride quality / sound system?
Ride quality is as good and maybe better than my 2022 Model S. Sound system playing lossless sound from Tidal is crystal clear and a phenomenal bass. The car is absolutely amazing in every way. Just purchased the Garage Door opener, portable charger and I will order Enhanced Autopilot in next few days. Did you see the picture above where the reverse lights are? LOL

Reactions: sydneylax
Ride quality is as good and maybe better than my 2022 Model S. Sound system playing lossless sound from Tidal is crystal clear and a phenomenal bass. The car is absolutely amazing in every way. Just purchased the Garage Door opener, portable charger and I will order Enhanced Autopilot in next few days. Did you see the picture above where the reverse lights are? LOL
Awesome to hear. Sound system is super important to me cause I'm such a music head. I know you got the LR, which has the 17 speakers, but I'm sure the RWD sounds amazing too.