Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price cut of 1k for Model Y for February.

Tesla is really focusing in Model Y, delays in Model 3 can be related to move orders toward it? Unsure if the terms of FSD and Super Charging have to be before March 31
Interesting! Anyone have second thoughts about moving to a MYLR - at $41K (after tax credit), 310 mile range, it is a quite a value buy.. although it won't be the refreshed version.

Got a message in Tesla app “there are changes that impact your order”

I clicked through and found a disclaimer about Tesla Vision, I had to accept. Then, it asked me to upload insurance ID. Did all that.

After that my EDD changed to Feb 12 - Feb 19. (Before this, it was Feb 10-20.)

Maybe I’m close to a VIN ?
Strange you don't have vin. Same thing happened to me but after completing it all I was able to see my vin. My estimated delivery is Feb 18- 25th. Previous delivery date was Feb 12-March 12.

I like the Y in terms of practicality but I really do not like how it looks, the 3 looks so much nicer in my opinion.
yea, I've been locked in with the highland since we starting seeing good rumors around Aug. I'm with you, I just prefer the look of the 3 over the Y. If my kids were young, i'd go Y, but they all drive, so rarely does anyone sit in my backseat other than a dog.

I also keep cars for a long time, and knew buying the 2023 model 3 would drive me nuts, even if I'd save a ton of money. I'd been fine if i purchased the 3 before highland images and it arrived in China, but from what everyone has said it improves on everything.

granted, i haven't demo'ed one yet and not sure if I want to, kind of want the first drive to me mine!
Do wish it was a hatchback. but I test drove the RWD, LR and performance -- brought the rwd home for a night and it was enough car for me

Strange you don't have vin. Same thing happened to me but after completing it all I was able to see my vin. My estimated delivery is Feb 18- 25th. Previous delivery date was Feb 12-March 12.

Just got it, got a text at 7:00 am, saying there is a message from Tesla Advisor and to go check on Tesla app.

I saw the attached message and when I click on “view” - nothing happens, it just takes me back to main order screen and shows RN #. It doesn’t show VIN on that main screen. But when I click “vehicle details”, I can now see a VIN there.

Btw, Is there a way to track car now using VIN?

I heard someone was able to do that.

Attachments

• IMG_9825.jpeg
    IMG_9825.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 24
yea, I've been locked in with the highland since we starting seeing good rumors around Aug. I'm with you, I just prefer the look of the 3 over the Y. If my kids were young, i'd go Y, but they all drive, so rarely does anyone sit in my backseat other than a dog.

I also keep cars for a long time, and knew buying the 2023 model 3 would drive me nuts, even if I'd save a ton of money. I'd been fine if i purchased the 3 before highland images and it arrived in China, but from what everyone has said it improves on everything.

granted, i haven't demo'ed one yet and not sure if I want to, kind of want the first drive to me mine!
Do wish it was a hatchback. but I test drove the RWD, LR and performance -- brought the rwd home for a night and it was enough car for me
A hatchback would have been amazing!

I love road trips and the outdoors. The Model Y would have been great for that especially when it comes to car camping. My brother has one but I just think it looks like a frog... 😅

Thankfully we have a minivan still when needed.

Reactions: Falcon73
Just got it, got a text at 7:00 am, saying there is a message from Tesla Advisor and to go check on Tesla app.

I saw the attached message and when I click on “view” - nothing happens, it just takes me back to main order screen and shows RN #. It doesn’t show VIN on that main screen. But when I click “vehicle details”, I can now see a VIN there.

You can try calling Tesla, I read online that customer service maybe able to track it? Or your advisor may have an idea too?

Price cut of 1k for Model Y for February.

Tesla is really focusing in Model Y, delays in Model 3 can be related to move orders toward it? Unsure if the terms of FSD and Super Charging have to be before March 31
You keep saying this but I don’t see any evidence— they can manufacture two cars at the same time.

EDIT -- not saying you're wrong just saying I don't see it personally -- the flyover showing the Y's in the Fremont lot could just as easily indicate there aren't as many orders for those Y's and they don't have anywhere to go -- while the 3's are put on trucks right after coming off the line.

Last edited:

My advisor called me so I could transfer my license plates. She was able to track it and told me it's scheduled to arrive on Feb 18th.