Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I got a news from tesla for setup date to delivery, delivery at Bay Area, anyone same like me at Bay Area get that car already?
IMG_2110.jpeg

I ordered on 2/9 hoping to take advantage of FSD transfer. Delivery window was Mar-Apr until just now when I went back in and now says Apr-May. I have the screen shot but seems like it won’t matter. If I can’t transfer FSD, I will cancel and wait until EOY or next year. 😞 I’ll try to push them to add that - shouldn’t seem like it would be that big of a deal for them.
I share your frustration! But it's no skin off my back to keep driving my current Tesla. $250 isn't that big of a loss if I can save $12K down the road. 🤷‍♀️ I have a feeling they're going to have a glut of Highland inventory on their hands later this year after the initial frenzy dies down.

I added my order to the DB.

Ordered 2/9 to replace my 2019 M3 hoping to transfer my FSD.

Grey/black, 18”, dual-motor - same configuration that I have now.

Originally had a delivery date of March-April, so I knew there was a chance I may not get it in March, but was hoping keeping the configuration more standard (and wanting the delivery), they would allow the transfer. I just had the EDD moved to April-May. I’ll wait until I get confirmation one way or another, but if they won’t transfer, I’ll have to cancel. I have 160k on my M3 now, but still drives like a dream.

Reactions: happyelegance
I just spoke to someone at the Tesla near my house since I was out I decided to stop by. He was useless lol but I asked him if he could see anything that I couldn’t, and he said since I don’t have a vin then he probably can’t help. But he thinks my edd will shorten next week. No sure if I believe him but whatever lol
Seems like we know more then most of the SA at Tesla.
The SA I’ve talked to are useless, seems like they just want to sit at their computers.
Wish they would hire some people that are excited about Tesla’s and want to talk to customers.

Reactions: catxi and sydneylax
Got some good news this morning, and I'm really sorry to hear from everyone that is having their EDD windows pushed back. Delivery is scheduled for the 24th. Just a little more than a week to go.

Complete timeline so far:
Order Date: 1/10, Virginia, RWD, Stealth Grey, Black Interior, Photon Wheels, 1st EDD Update: 2/1-2/29, 2nd EDD Update: 2/11-2/25, Vin Assigned: 2/7, 3rd EDD Update: 2/23-3/1, 4th EDD Update 2/18 - 2/27, Delivery Scheduling Request 2/14, Delivery Scheduled 2/24!!!!!
Awesome! If I remember correctly, our vehicle specs, order date, and EDDs were exactly the same. You received VIN on 02/07 for VA bound order, and I received mine on 02/10 (CT Bound). You were able to schedule delivery 7 days after receiving VIN. Let’s see if I get notice on 02/14! Definitely seems like a big East Coast shipment is looming.

Reactions: EODPat
LR/Ultra Red/Black/19” Nova
Ordered 1/18
Original EDD:January/February
Update 3 weeks ago: March 15-31
Crickets since
We have the exact same specs. Except I ordered on 01/12. One update from February/March to Mar 5 - Mar 31. Nothing since then. I think the red and long range are popular. I trust we’ll get our ultras by middle of Mar.

Seems like we know more then most of the SA at Tesla.
The SA I’ve talked to are useless, seems like they just want to sit at their computers.
Wish they would hire some people that are excited about Tesla’s and want to talk to customers.
For sure. Sucks honestly because they have such a huge fan base but most of the advisors just don’t care

Reactions: Vwbeck
My supposedly 2024 Model 3 floormats finally came from Temu. Will have 2 sets, if someone is in OC, Socal, let me know. Both Amazon and Temu listed for "Highland 2024" and both have all mats inc. trunk/frunk.

Just need my Model 3 to test fit. Come on VIN, text, email, any communication from Tesla. :(
I took some I bought from Amazon to try out on a demo vehicle. They were listed for the 2024 but didn’t fit . The front 2 were a little loose but the back fit like a glove.

Awesome! If I remember correctly, our vehicle specs, order date, and EDDs were exactly the same. You received VIN on 02/07 for VA bound order, and I received mine on 02/10 (CT Bound). You were able to schedule delivery 7 days after receiving VIN. Let’s see if I get notice on 02/14! Definitely seems like a big East Coast shipment is looming.
That would be great! I'm rooting for you to get your delivery scheduled soon.

This is exactly why we should select "Cash" option instead of "Finance" option. Once the VIN is available update it to "Finance" again.
Yea I did that and the very next day I got an updated EDD with a 2 week delivery window. I’m not sure if it’s because I finished the finance step or if I was gonna get an updated EDD regardless. Still no Vin though.

Last edited: