Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone describe how much of an difference is the sound system between the RWD vs AWD? I assume RWD will still sound great, but was curious on how MUCH better is the AWD?
I'm not a big sound system person but I sat in both the RWD and AWD. I can say there is a big difference. RWD sounds very muted even at full blast. I overheard someone say it's very "anticlimactic". AWD can be a lot louder and a lot more base. That being said, I don't mind RWD sound at all.

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
Everyday I think to change my order’s color to red but I’m afraid to be pushed too much back. My EDD is 14-28 feb (Grey, black, 18, SoCal). I have a rental until March 12th, then I’m carless haha. Not sure what to do.
Go with the color/config that you really want. A delay in delivery is a minor set back but once you get the car, that'll be your forever. Or... You can just wrap it 😂.

I'm not a big sound system person but I sat in both the RWD and AWD. I can say there is a big difference. RWD sounds very muted even at full blast. I overheard someone say it's very "anticlimactic". AWD can be a lot louder and a lot more base. That being said, I don't mind RWD sound at all.
Muted at full blast??? Dude those were the clearest loudest speakers ive ever heard in a stock car lol i turned it to max at a gas station during my demo & i swear it was so loud i immediately turned it down cause i didn’t think my ears could handle it😂 (to be fair im coming from a 04 maxima) i could only imagine what the AWD sounds like, geesh.. I do agree with the ”anticlimactic” its loud w no bass

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
I'm hoping that the 3D Maxpider floor mats I had for my previous Model 3 will work. Teslarati says they'll fit but I guess we'll see.
Interesting because I emailed Tesmanian and asked if the 2023 mats would fit and they say no. But their site says 2017-2024 so who knows. I have a set for a 2023 model 3 I bought before they reconfigured my order for the refresh.

Reactions: EODPat
Interesting because I emailed Tesmanian and asked if the 2023 mats would fit and they say no. But their site says 2017-2024 so who knows. I have a set for a 2023 model 3 I bought before they reconfigured my order for the refresh.
If you look at the pics of the different versions in the Tesla shop, they are different. Especially the back seat mats. If you expect them to fit correctly (as I do), suggest getting the Tesla version before they sell out.

Everyday I think to change my order’s color to red but I’m afraid to be pushed too much back. My EDD is 14-28 feb (Grey, black, 18, SoCal). I have a rental until March 12th, then I’m carless haha. Not sure what to do.
I'd go with what you want and if you have to wait an extra few weeks, it'll be worth it every time you get in the car, for years to come.

You’re in socal and getting a RWD you’ll get your car in like 14 minutes regardless. Californian and RWD are going out fast.

When I got my first Tesla in 2019 I was influenced by someone and later regretted it for years. Every time I would see the color I personally wanted I felt upset. Go for what you really want. Like others said you’ll think of it every time you sit in your car. It’s worth it if you get it a week later. Good luck.

Why do you have 2 sets? I’m in San Diego, might be interested!
Ordered one from Temu and it was still on a ship. Thought my Model 3 was due because of first EDD update. First Tesla, though EDDs were accurate, so I ordered a next day one from Amazon.

Wasn't sure if it really is made for the 2024 Refresh, but comparing Trunk mats pics (Amazon) against Tesla site show it seems to be made for the new 2024 Model 3 refresh. Both sets I bought shows the refresh 2024 model along with the description. Take a look at the attachment, top left is for 2024 Model 3 on Tesla site, middle is for 2023 and older Model 3.

Attachments

• 2024-02-15_5-55-35.png
    2024-02-15_5-55-35.png
    580.4 KB · Views: 18