Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if all the Tesla financing approvals last for 60 days? I have a March 11-31st EDD but I’ve ordered LR red/white and it seems those are taking longer. I want to apply soon but also don’t want to take a second hit to my credit score if Tesla can’t meet the EDD within 60 days.
Yea, I waited until VIN was assigned and did it 2 days later, using usaa the quote for me was good for 65 days.

Sorry for spam our beautiful thread with my sad insurance posts, but I still don't have insurance for my pick up on Saturday.

Last email from insurance:

Thank you for sending us the proof requested. Unfortunately, some of the requested items are missing or we're unable to accept the information provided because:

We can accept vehicle photos from the car dealer website. Please submit the photos to complete the review.

Please see the list of acceptable proof items below.

So now I took all pictures I could find from Tesla website containing a Stealth Grey 2024 Model 3 with 18 inch wheels, but I feel they will still complain because they also write:

Vehicle Photos

• Clear recent photos of the outside of each vehicle listed on the quote. The photos should contain 1 each of both sides, the front, and the back with the license plate fully visible.

The pictures I found are not really like that, and obviously don't show license plate.

Thank you @Falcon73 and @happyelegance for trying to help!

Reactions: Falcon73
Sorry for spam our beautiful thread with my sad insurance posts, but I still don't have insurance for my pick up on Saturday.

Last email from insurance:

So now I took all pictures I could find from Tesla website containing a Stealth Grey 2024 Model 3 with 18 inch wheels, but I feel they will still complain because they also write:

The pictures I found are not really like that, and obviously don't show license plate.

Thank you @Falcon73 and @happyelegance for trying to help!
You can't just give them the VIN?

Can
No. I've given them the VIN. The purchase agreement (I've paid by cash already, before inspection, in hope to avoid any issues) and even the temporary license plate documents. They insist on the request for pictures, even though it is a new car. It is very silly and frustrating.
Could you message your SA and see if you can go there a day or two before your pickup to take the necessary photos?
They always have it there at least a day in advance to prep it for delivery. That puts you right up against the deadline but could maybe work.

Also, it’s insane that they want a license plate picture as no new car has one. Seems really odd.

Reactions: happyelegance
No. I've given them the VIN. The purchase agreement (I've paid by cash already, before inspection, in hope to avoid any issues) and even the temporary license plate documents. They insist on the request for pictures, even though it is a new car. It is very silly and frustrating.
Take the pictures at the day of delivery and ask progressive to send you the documentation. I have done that with other cars and it just take couple of more hours. You already paid in cash so your car is yours, you just cannot drive away. Unsure if a friend can pickup it with you by putting it in their insurance.

It sucks, just follow the process since your license is from other Country. You are lucky to have been approved, not a lot of people with a driver license outside the US can be insured since there are credit checks required.

Also sending pictures of other car is fraud and you can be in a big mess. Do not do that!!

Can

Could you message your SA and see if you can go there a day or two before your pickup to take the necessary photos?
They always have it there at least a day in advance to prep it for delivery. That puts you right up against the deadline but could maybe work.
I've called them already twice. They insisted the car "is stored in a non customer facing location" and I'll just have access to it on delivery and they are not allowed to go there and taking pictures. I even mentioned the risk of having to give up the car and ask for a refund in case insure doesn't work out.

The other problem is that Progressive verification can only be handled by email and they always take 1-2 day(s) to reply.

Frustrating but not silly. I have not read all your posts above, but why can't you get pics of your car? Even so, get pics the day of delivery. It may mean more time at pick up as you communicate back and forth with insurance. I don't remember any problems at all like this when purchasing my 2022 MSLR.
Well, the problem is that I can't pick up the car if I don't have insurance. I've asked if I could take delivery and let it there for a few days until Progressive process the pictures but Tesla location said they can't store the car. This means I need the car in order to go forward with insurance and I need insurance for being able to pick up the car. For me it is silly that they (Insurance provider) need pictures of a new car for verification. I can understand they want pictures of it once it is delivered, with the license plate and everything.

So you had it scheduled and then they bumped the day? I got an automated call from Tesla today and I had to confirm my appointment for tomorrow.
Yep...they bumped the day twice so far. I've had three pickups scheduled. The girl I talked to every time made it seem like a transport issue. It was scheduled to be at the dealer Monday...then Tues....then Weds. They need time with it before it can be picked up so the earliest pick up day is the day after it arrives. Mine is supposed to be at the dealer at 11pm tonight, pick up tomorrow. 🤞

I've called them already twice. They insisted the car "is stored in a non customer facing location" and I'll just have access to it on delivery and they are not allowed to go there and taking pictures. I even mentioned the risk of having to give up the car and ask for a refund in case insure doesn't work out.

The other problem is that Progressive verification can only be handled by email and they always take 1-2 day(s) to reply.
No other companies can do this with non-US license?

Even if they’re significantly more expensive you could switch to progressive a day later and get a refund from the first company.

Take the pictures at the day of delivery and ask progressive to send you the documentation. I have done that with other cars and it just take couple of more hours. You already paid in cash so your car is yours, you just cannot drive away. Unsure if a friend can pickup it with you by putting it in their insurance.

It sucks, just follow the process since your license is from other Country. You are lucky to have been approved, not a lot of people with a driver license outside the US can be insured since there are credit checks required.

Also sending pictures of other car is fraud and you can be in a big mess. Do not do that!!
Yes, I want to follow the process, I just don't see how that is feasible. At the day of delivery, I could take the pictures and call them, like you said. However, their verification team only communicates via email, and always take 1-2 days to reply. Therefore, I'd need my Tesla location to be comprehensive and keep the car for 1-2 days more, what they are not willing to do.

I'm not trying to engage in any fraud. I've just send them the pictures of the Website because they said:

We can accept vehicle photos from the car dealer website. Please submit the photos to complete the review.