Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fremont appears to be struggling with the M3 refresh production in general. Teslike details on his patreon that production numbers are extremely low, to quote, "close to zero," and are about a quarter or less of what the M3 production numbers were last year at this time. They didn't even start production of '24 M3s until 2/6. So those Jan - Feb estimates were total bull, they weren't delivering any customers cars in January.

If you want to see further info, much more than I've detailed here, you can see more here: Troy Teslike | Patreon

Might follow up with if your order date wasn’t within first two weeks you will likely be shifted to the next batch of AWD. Which may or may not come before white interior anything. Seems like the production’s re going

A Few AWDs as test batch and test drivers (test drivers are grey and red, rest of cars to test paint appliqué went to customers)
RWD as test batch and test drivers
Continue RWD production to fill matching interior orders (Early to late Feb 23)
Re-run the AWD with blk interiors (Feb 23-on)
total speculation zone:
AWD with white interior
RWD with white interior
Repeat runs based on order #s
Thank you for the info! Our orders are a little complicated because it goes through the fleet App, then its routed to the Tesla order site/App. So our order dates in the fleet app may be different than the actual order date that Tesla received..But I do know that people who switched from AWD to RWD shaved about 1.5 - 2 months on their EDD almost instantly

Fremont appears to be struggling with the M3 refresh production in general. Teslike details on his patreon that production numbers are extremely low, to quote, "close to zero," and are about a quarter or less of what the M3 production numbers were last year at this time. They didn't even start production of '24 M3s until 2/6. So those Jan - Feb estimates were total bull, they weren't delivering any customers cars in January.

If you want to see further info, much more than I've detailed here, you can see more here: Troy Teslike | Patreon
Well we could like to see the details but there is a paywall

How long after getting VIN do people generally get an actual delivery date? I got mine and the EDD just changed to Mar 14 - Mar 23.

Also, got a message saying to provide insurance, but when I called Tesla to have them add the car to my current Tesla insurance policy, the agent said I need an actual delivery date, not an estimate...
It took me almost 2 weeks to receive a message to schedule delivery. Got my vin Feb 17th and scheduled delivery on Feb 26th for March 5th.

Reactions: catxi

And to follow up with this, since it is kind of not fun news, there is good news: as of right now we have 18 assigned AWD VINs on our sheet. This is up from I believe 6 VINs on Sunday, where it was for a pretty long time, like 2 or more weeks. So things seem to be moving forward. This accounts for 9.9% of reported AWD orders being assigned VINs!

Reactions: Volcom
And to follow up with this, since it is kind of not fun news, there is good news: as of right now we have 18 assigned AWD VINs on our sheet. This is up from I believe 6 VINs on Sunday, where it was for a pretty long time, like 2 or more weeks. So things seem to be moving forward. This accounts for 9.9% of reported AWD orders being assigned VINs!

I was thinking the same this morning! I'm trying not to get too excited but it is getting harder seeing AWD VINS.

Reactions: GuyFromAz
I messaged the advisor and asked if they could see where mine was in transit now that I have a VIN. They said it was complete and waiting for transit. So I am assuming once they have a full train of M3 bound for the east coast we will see a bunch of deliveries out this way.

Reactions: mcorf
URGENT UPDATE EVERYONE!!!

I just got off the phone with my tesla advisor and he had reached out to me after I sent a very livid message in the app complaining about my delivery window getting pushed back again. After chewing out Tesla and the logistics of the company and demanding answers, he told me that he's not really allowed to tell me this, but realistically, Tesla is having Long Range issues along with White Interior issues, he didn't tell me why but told me I'll realistically get my car in late June and everything else is just speculation and BS. The truth is, the car will come in June since they're having MAJOR production issues with LONG RANGE, and WHITE INTERIORS. Worse if you got both White interior and long range like myself... He said the app is just pushing the window back over and over, automatically. WE WONT BE GETTING OUR CARS OR VINS UNTIL JUNE AND NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE THAT HE SAID, WITH FULL CONFIDENCE. There won't be any "miracles" this is just the reality he said, and we just have to wait until June. I told him I'm going to go ahead and cancel my order. (Which I did earlier) This is disgusting, upsetting and ridiculous. I am NOT waiting almost 6 months for my order. I have cancelled and will be getting a Model Y instead since it's available for pickup immediately. Good luck to you all, I wish you luck if you continue to wait until June. Cancel your orders and move onto a Model Y because this is just ridiculous.

I ordered 1/10, LR M3, Grey, White interior.

I messaged the advisor and asked if they could see where mine was in transit now that I have a VIN. They said it was complete and waiting for transit. So I am assuming once they have a full train of M3 bound for the east coast we will see a bunch of deliveries out this way.
There are a decent chunk of orders in the sheet that are on the east coast and currently have EDDs that are extremely close to each other, within a day or two in both directions. Including mine!

I’m assuming with such a low production volume they are going to be grouped together and sent to this side of the country in a couple weeks. But since they also make MY at Fremont, they could stick your fancy new M3 in with a bunch of old news MYs and send it on its way.