Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a heads up for delivery inspection. Extra check your windows. I’ve posted here before that there was a defect in the glass of one of my windows. They came and replaced the glass. I had to call them again because the window wouldn’t close. They tried calibrating it but it didn’t work. They will have to replace the regulator motor. Kind of sucks.
Sucks to buy a brand new car that needs repairs!

Reactions: catxi and tartaruga
none of that is "important". Worth it, is up to you.

tint - are you in a hot climate? If not, then it's just for looks. In a hot climate, it will help a tiny bit with in car temperatures if you get quality ceramic tint. not the cheap metallic or dyed tints. if you tint the rear window, tint the whole glass as 1 piece. multiple pieces are ugly and you will notice the line.

PPF - are you keeping the car a long time and/or do small blemishes bother you? PPF is expensive unless you DIY. a repaint or touchup of small blemishes will be significantly cheaper (depending on quality and amount of repair)

Mats - RWD doesn't come with mats and I think that's lame from Tesla. Get any mat that you want. AWD comes with carpet mats.

Trays - personal preference

Inspection - you should inspect any car from any brand that you buy from. But with Tesla make sure you inspect the car before you unlock the car. After you unlock the car, it's yours and you are subject to the service center repair queue.
The carpet mats for the M3 appear to be sold out on the Tesla site. Has that been the case for a while now? Should I just go with the all weather mats?

Most recent EDD was Mar 8th-17th.
Got a notice today to schedule delivery, which I did of course.
DD is now Mar 9th! :)

SR RWD, Ultra Red, Black interior, 18” Photon wheels.
OD 1/10
EDD changes 5? (I lost count)

Hang in there guys, its happening :)
I dunno, a RWD with black interior is very much not indicative of a lot happening 🥲 Congrats on your delivery day either way!

Reactions: catxi
Holy crap, that would be awesome. But it looks like I ordered mine about a week after you and my EDD is about 1-2 weeks away from yours so maybe mine is on the next train...? I did get a VIN around the same time tho so who knows. Fingers crossed!

So what’s this mean for people in Chicago still waiting on their AWD??
Don’t have a crystal ball buddy talk to a Tesla employee.

Tesla should learn a few tricks!
20240301_193431.jpg

tint - are you in a hot climate? If not, then it's just for looks. In a hot climate, it will help a tiny bit with in car temperatures if you get quality ceramic tint. not the cheap metallic or dyed tints. if you tint the rear window, tint the whole glass as 1 piece. multiple pieces are ugly and you will notice the line.

PPF - are you keeping the car a long time and/or do small blemishes bother you? PPF is expensive unless you DIY. a repaint or touchup of small blemishes will be significantly cheaper (depending on quality and amount of repair)

Mats - RWD doesn't come with mats and I think that's lame from Tesla. Get any mat that you want. AWD comes with carpet mats.

Inspection - you should inspect any car from any brand that you buy from. But with Tesla make sure you inspect the car before you unlock the car. After you unlock the car, it's yours and you are subject to the service center repair queue.
Awesome info - I’ve been reading people are buying these accessories ahead of time so I will do the same. Thanks!

Reactions: 1stEV_24_M3_LR

Will post pics next Fri:

Tint: 30% Xpel XR+ 99% UV 95% IR rejection on all glass (80% on windshield) it gets well over 100 F where I’ll be parking this black car in the summer.

PPF: Xpel Ultimate+ clear gloss on all painted surfaces/lights

Coating: Xpel fusion+ ceramic on top of PPF

Tesla black paint has been notoriously chippy, the PPF should mitigate most of it, the coating seals the deal and acts like a shiny armored shell, also cuts wash/buff time down significantly. I’m aware it’s overkill, but I also have a 50 pack of costco microfiber towels in my trunk at all times for fingerprints and the like. A standard clear bra PPF on nose/hood wheel well should cover like most chip zones.