Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 1026237
Got 20% ceramic tints put in and I applied the Spigen matte “anti-finger print” screen protector… and as much as I love the screen protector due to the anti glare, it is NOT anti fingerprint?!.. I can see my finger prints all over it. Not a deal breaker though lol highly suggest you guys to get it still. It helps with the sun and scratches. Can’t wait for you all to get yours!
costco 50 pack microfiber rags!

• Informative
Reactions: sydneylax and ag21
Congratulations 🙌🏽. And wow they had so much more VIN assignments over the weekend. Hopefully I’ll get mine this week. 🤞🏽
Yes!!! VIN assigned today! DM, STLTH, BLK Int, Order 1/13… 1EDD FEB-MAR, 2EDD 23FEB-26MAR, VIN Today+ 3EDD 10MAR-18MAR. Bay Area.

Do you know how long after submitting insurance, it takes to be allowed to schedule delivery?

I finally got a VIN and am taking delivery next week!!!!

Some work had to be put in to get it, though.

I called my local Showroom/Service Center here in Houston. To get to the _actual_ service center and not Tesla's national call center, do the following:

- Press "1" for Vehicles
- Press "3" for Service
- Press "3" for your Local Service Center

Once I got connected and told them I was looking for a delivery update, they transferred me to the sales team in the showroom.

The person I spoke to was able to view all Highland inventory in Texas in all configurations. (!) They confirmed that a demo white Long Range with the "Basic Wheels" was available in Austin (!!), and, interestingly, they were able to assign it to me and change my pickup location to that showroom (!!!).

The car has 1200 miles on it since it was a demo vehicle, so it's technically used, but I already had a saved search on Carvana for 2024 Highlands that they somehow ended up procuring in case they were faster, so doesn't matter to me! I actually got a small discount because of that, which is always welcome!

(I could have also assigned myself to a red LR Highland with upgraded wheels in Houston AT THAT SERVICE CENTER but chose not to.)

This was interesting to me because:

- I asked the Delivery Team through the app if I could get a VIN sooner by picking up in Dallas, and they said no, and
- I asked for updates twice through the app, and that team never mentioned that choosing a Highland in another configuration could speed things up.

Once the salesperson assigned the vehicle to me, VIN assignment, Vision agreement signature and delivery date followed instantaneously.

So if you're waiting around for a car and are seeing people in/around your state get assigned, I'd call your local showroom/service center and see what they have available on the floor/in inventory before blindly switching configurations around.

(I'm putting this out there in hopes that y'all won't spam your service centers asking for updates constantly. Please be kind!)
I have been waiting for that red configuration for a month just to heard it is sitting in Houston? Why the logistics are so bad?

Reactions: happyelegance
My trade-in value just came back, nearly $3k less than the estimator which is a bit problematic for me. I’m debating selling my car to Carmax or Carvana instead who is saying they will offer me the amount needed to pay off my current loan and then some.

Anyone have any experience selling to a 3rd party and rejecting Tesla’s trade in offer? Can I leave it in a pending status until I am sure everything goes through with the 3rd party and still apply for Tesla financing?
Don’t forget to consider you will pay sales tax on the full value of the new car vs the lower value if you trade-in with Tesla. Depending on your sales tax rate and value of trade-in, might not be worth the hassle.

Yes!!! VIN assigned today! DM, STLTH, BLK Int, Order 1/13… 1EDD FEB-MAR, 2EDD 23FEB-26MAR, VIN Today+ 3EDD 10MAR-18MAR. Bay Area.

Do you know how long after submitting insurance, it takes to be allowed to schedule delivery?
Depends. Usually a VIN means your vehicle will be placed on a railcar pretty soon. From Fremont to the Atlantic coast is about 10-20 days, depending on where along the coast you are (if you’re near Cali, that’s still a week at least).

So, even if you finished your insurance section…you still gotta wait for the car to get here. Tesla won’t let you schedule a delivery until it’s getting close enough to you.

• Love
Reactions: KiloK and Old Biker
Depends. Usually a VIN means your vehicle will be placed on a railcar pretty soon. From Fremont to the Atlantic coast is about 10-20 days, depending on where along the coast you are (if you’re near Cali, that’s still a week at least).

So, even if you finished your insurance section…you still gotta wait for the car to get here. Tesla won’t let you schedule a delivery until it’s getting close enough to you.
Ahhhh ok, gotchya. Thank you! I guess I seem to have thought people stated they input insurance and instantly set up pickup date. But yeah, I’m only about an hour away from factory in Fremont. So should be within the next day or two. 😊 I remember asking the SA and he said that after manufactured (out here anyways) they usually arrive within a day or two. That’s why we kinda get our VINS, dates after everybody else throughout the US. I’m excited though.

I finally got a VIN and am taking delivery next week!!!!

Some work had to be put in to get it, though.

I called my local Showroom/Service Center here in Houston. To get to the _actual_ service center and not Tesla's national call center, do the following:

- Press "1" for Vehicles
- Press "3" for Service
- Press "3" for your Local Service Center

Once I got connected and told them I was looking for a delivery update, they transferred me to the sales team in the showroom.

The person I spoke to was able to view all Highland inventory in Texas in all configurations. (!) They confirmed that a demo white Long Range with the "Basic Wheels" was available in Austin (!!), and, interestingly, they were able to assign it to me and change my pickup location to that showroom (!!!).

The car has 1200 miles on it since it was a demo vehicle, so it's technically used, but I already had a saved search on Carvana for 2024 Highlands that they somehow ended up procuring in case they were faster, so doesn't matter to me! I actually got a small discount because of that, which is always welcome!

(I could have also assigned myself to a red LR Highland with upgraded wheels in Houston AT THAT SERVICE CENTER but chose not to.)

This was interesting to me because:

- I asked the Delivery Team through the app if I could get a VIN sooner by picking up in Dallas, and they said no, and
- I asked for updates twice through the app, and that team never mentioned that choosing a Highland in another configuration could speed things up.

Once the salesperson assigned the vehicle to me, VIN assignment, Vision agreement signature and delivery date followed instantaneously.

So if you're waiting around for a car and are seeing people in/around your state get assigned, I'd call your local showroom/service center and see what they have available on the floor/in inventory before blindly switching configurations around.

(I'm putting this out there in hopes that y'all won't spam your service centers asking for updates constantly. Please be kind!)
Good one! As long as you aren’t waiting for a white interior.

• Funny
Reactions: Vybz
SG/black int/18”. OD 01/15. Midwest. EDD 03/22-03/31. Received my VIN today.
I received an EDD update to 3/23-3/31 for same configuration but no VIN… 😕 Also in Chicago West.

3/31 is Easter so I don’t think that will be a delivery date. It sounds like it will be pretty busy the last couple of days in the month.

What I love though about Tesla is that the delivery can be so quick compared to a traditional sale at a dealer. I’ve spent five hours to get a sales completed. (Please don’t send me to the undercoat guy!)

I’m trading in my 2019 M3 same config so they won’t need to spend too much time showing me how to drive.

Took delivery on Saturday and took it straight to get tint and a ceramic wrap. Just picked her back up and am stoked to put some miles on it. First Tesla owner ☺️ OD was 2/29.

Attachments

• IMG_7754.jpeg
    IMG_7754.jpeg
    550.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3768.jpeg
    IMG_3768.jpeg
    605.9 KB · Views: 6