Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the record, ever since the Hertz dump + used Tesla price drops I have seen significantly more Teslas on the road. Few highlands, so many older model 3s.
One of those is me!!! I sold my ICE in September thinking the highland would be out before winter. But that didn’t happen. I’ve been renting a model 3 from hertz since December. I was going to turn it in this month but since my car is still waiting for its interior I’m keeping it through mid April. I love driving it. It’s a 2022. I’ll be sad to turn it in if I’m still waiting

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeWithAnEV
I called the tesla dealership earlier today because recently they stopped replying to my text messages lol. They informed me that there is a company wide white interior shortage " for some reason" he said. He apologized for the delay and told me according to his end he is seeing my delivery estimate to be beginning of April but "nothing for sure". Yet he told me the most reliable method to see EDDs is to just check the App estimate, which really does not make any sense.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
I called the tesla dealership earlier today because recently they stopped replying to my text messages lol. They informed me that there is a company wide white interior shortage " for some reason" he said. He apologized for the delay and told me according to his end he is seeing my delivery estimate to be beginning of April but "nothing for sure". Yet he told me the most reliable method to see EDDs is to just check the App estimate, which really does not make any sense.
White interior shortage? Because they have already produced and delivered so many white interiors?? Something went wrong and they are not telling the Sales Advisors or the customers. Something is going to break soon, and they will have to start giving some answers.

Took delivery -- they brought the car to my place -- very happy with the way it drives and the sound system. But a little concerned about the passenger door -- the window seems to not be snugly against the car frame and there's a gap where the door itself isn't as flush with the vehicle as the rest of the doors.

Is this something I should get fixed ASAP? Should I return the car in this 2 day grace period or whatever and order a new one? Or am I being nuts and do these problems not even exist really?
Unknown.jpeg

IMG_1743.jpg

Took delivery -- they brought the car to my place -- very happy with the way it drives and the sound system. But a little concerned about the passenger door -- the window seems to not be snugly against the car frame and there's a gap where the door itself isn't as flush with the vehicle as the rest of the doors.

Is this something I should get fixed ASAP? Should I return the car in this 2 day grace period or whatever and order a new one? Or am I being nuts and do these problems not even exist really? View attachment 1028090

View attachment 1028091
You are not nuts. This is not right. I’ll bring it back.

Reactions: CartierX

Is this something I should get fixed ASAP? Should I return the car in this 2 day grace period or whatever and order a new one? Or am I being nuts and do these problems not even exist really? View attachment 1028090

View attachment 1028091
Hm it looks like the door is maybe slightly misaligned? I’d say log it with your service rep and have them fix it

They better not make me wait in line if I take it back, I want the same order number and spot in line.
This is don’t know as it’s my first tesla and first pre order of anything. But i’ve owned lots of cars and fixed up a few myself. I would never accept a misaligned door or window…from my own work or someone’s else’s but especially not from the factory.

I’d very interested in what they advise for you when u bring it in. It’s shitty but all will be well in the end. Good luck and let us know what’s up please.

Reactions: happyelegance
This is don’t know as it’s my first tesla and first pre order of anything. But i’ve owned lots of cars and fixed up a few myself. I would never accept a misaligned door or window…from my own work or someone’s else’s but especially not from the factory.

I’d very interested in what they advise for you when u bring it in. It’s shitty but all will be well in the end. Good luck and let us know what’s up please.
Thank you. I will let you guys know. Pretty bummed out.

Reactions: happyelegance