Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up yesterday… The wait is stressful… But well worth it in the long run. This lil bastard is NICE!!! Hang in there fellas. Now I must bid you all adieu.
1710446216543.gif

Spoke to my SA today. Said it arrives ( not confident) on the 23rd and could potentially pick up on the 24th. Said once car arrives to MD there will be more defined timeline. No guidance on when it will arrive in MD but said it’s in the middle of the country.

Take that for what it’s worth for folks in the mid Mid Atlantic.

Reactions: ag21 and zoomer0056
Alright....I'm within my two week window of my 4th EDD (Mar 27 - Mar 31). Let's see if I get a VIN soon.

Could the Color: Black / Interior: White really not just be a unicorn????? :p

Details:
Order Date: 13 Feb
EDD: Feb - Mar
2 EDD: Apr - May
3 EDD: Mar 26 - Mar 31
4 EDD: Mar 27 - Mar 31
Model 3 Highland: RWD
Color: Black
Interior: White
Wheels: 18" Photon
Autopilot: AP
Go Highland!!!

Like @jjuice, I stopped at my SC today. I am much less confident about my car arriving here in FL before the end of the month. The SA pulled up my order and it showed... nothing. No labels, no VIN, no change in the EDD. If it doesn't get here by the 31st, well, ok. But if Tesla doesn't get my car here by the end of the month and extend the FSD timeline, I'm not paying $12K for something I already paid $6k to have. The SA has a white interior M3 on order as well and he had no info as to why they are delayed. Tesla isn't telling them either.

Like @jjuice, I stopped at my SC today. I am much less confident about my car arriving here in FL before the end of the month. The SA pulled up my order and it showed... nothing. No labels, no VIN, no change in the EDD. If it doesn't get here by the 31st, well, ok. But if Tesla doesn't get my car here by the end of the month and extend the FSD timeline, I'm not paying $12K for something I already paid $6k to have. The SA has a white interior M3 on order as well and he had no info as to why they are delayed. Tesla isn't telling them either.
Makes sense! No one knows why there are no white interiors!

I'm in the same boat as you in terms of FSD transfer. Waiting to see what Tesla says/does with them that go past March 31st. I think the "right thing" to do is really bleepin' obvious: If delayed due to Tesla's fault, not the customer's, then honor the Transfer no matter when it happens. But how they communicate that, how standard they are with it (I suspect it might come down to if a Service Advisor clicks/doesn't click a button), etc.
Curious, for you, have you thought of what level of assurance you need to assume they WILL honor it? SA verbal, SA text message, Tweet on Twitter/X, or Update terms in the App/Website? And will you take delivery of the new car if they refuse to transfer?
For me, I'd like to see the terms updated (legal document). If they say they won't honor, it's a big-time cancel for me, and I'll wait out either M3P without FSD, or hope they bring FSD back again in 3-6 months (there's Q2, Q3, Q4 they pretend doesn't exist yet). My true unicorn is M3P with FSD. :).

They are going to have to announce something about the white interior sometime soon. You cant take $250 "Non-Refundable" deposits and have 3 plus months go by with no reason for the delay. Something is going wrong somewhere. Consumers have to be informed at some point. Like I have said, hopefully this is all for nothing and they show up within the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: Whitezoid
Next week or the week after should be tons of white interiors. If not, we're getting pushed :(
I'm suspecting those stragglers (guessing you're one) with an EDD not past March 31st are gonna get pushed. I got pushed into mid-April/mid-May a few weeks ago, so I have pretty much no hope.
Aside from FSD Transfer issues (which I'm in that boat), I'd look at it this way: You're better off being pushed so they build it correct with quality, versus having the car rammed-through at the EOQ just to make numbers. I do suspect that getting caught in the EOQ production rush is a recipe for quality corners being skipped. No proof, just gut feel. I'd rather wait another 2 weeks and have it done right. (Minus, of course, FSD expiration concerns)

Reactions: catxi and evfangirl
They are going to have to announce something about the white interior sometime soon. You cant take $250 "Non-Refundable" deposits and have 3 plus months go by with no reason for the delay. Something is going wrong somewhere. Consumers have to be informed at some point. Like I have said, hopefully this is all for nothing and they show up within the next 2 weeks.
Don't disagree with the sentiment, but I wouldn't hold my breath for them to say anything on it! In the end, consumers like us are really just enabling bad behavior on communications. They can communicate, mis-communicate, lack-of-communicate, and we still reward them with tons of orders. So they look at it as "Did the communications matter? We get the revenue either way".

Don't disagree with the sentiment, but I wouldn't hold my breath for them to say anything on it! In the end, consumers like us are really just enabling bad behavior on communications. They can communicate, mis-communicate, lack-of-communicate, and we still reward them with tons of orders. So they look at it as "Did the communications matter? We get the revenue either way".
Yeah, and again this has been going on with Tesla and white interiors. Seems to be one of the last config builds during eoq. West coast prioritized towards the end days because of logistics. I've read it happening since 2020. Some refresh or beginning of the year.

For the record, ever since the Hertz dump + used Tesla price drops I have seen significantly more Teslas on the road. Few highlands, so many older model 3s.

I’m in upper East Ohio and I’ve never seen so many Teslas on the road, honestly. I’m not complaining at all, it’s an exciting thing to see my area adopt EVs so quick. The more EVs, the more public chargers.