Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery was cool...the red is freakin gorgeous especially with the nova wheels.... makes it stand out... car had panel gaps, told SA, he says it is what it is, they have gotten better but its still not perfect... :)
compare the front door which is fine versus the back one, also the back bumper which is fine to the upper trunk

View attachment 1028167
Damn! It is across all the car!

Delivery was cool...the red is freakin gorgeous especially with the nova wheels.... makes it stand out... car had panel gaps, told SA, he says it is what it is, they have gotten better but its still not perfect... :)
compare the front door which is fine versus the back one, also the back bumper which is fine to the upper trunk

View attachment 1028167
this is unfortunate but I did see a meme yesterday where enzo ferrari said “I don’t care if the car has panel gaps, when the driver hits the gas I want him to *sugar* his pants”. ..perhaps the matrix is watching us

Reactions: Old Biker

View attachment 1028167
@Vybz, what gaps? I honestly don’t see them. Haha, maybe I’m not as picky. I enlarged the image. Now I’m afraid for my car - I have the same configuration. But the red is absolutely gorgeous. I call it Red with Authority :). Enjoy it.

Update:
Now I see them. That’s not a big issue, is it? It won’t leak or anything? Would that allow noise in?

Another data point.

Order Date: 1/10
Original EDD: Feb - Mar
Update 1: Feb 28 - Mar 28
Update 2: Feb 12 - Mar 11
No VIN

LR, Stealth Gray, 18" wheel, Black interior
Update 3: Feb 21 - Mar 20
Update 4 : Mar 10 - Mar 31

I guess its an improvement...3 weeks instead of 4
Update 5: Mar 24 - Mar 30

No VIN but Tesla vision accepted

@jjuice it should be soon for VA!
Update 6: Mar 18 - Mar 27

@jjuice the trucks are moving!

Update 7: Pickup scheduled for 3/22 @ 1015

@jjuice should be soon for you!

So I wanted to get people's opinion in this, when I'm driving I sometimes hear this quite annoying high-pitched whistling coming from the driver's side door. It is not all the time but enough to notice, I thought it might be an issue with the window seal, but as you can see you can still hear it with the window down. Is this is a normal sound or is there an issue? (Had to upload to Youtube in order for people to view)
I test drove two and both had wind leak from driver door like this. they've improved a lot but still not completely sealed up. It is so quiet overall that even a small leak stands out more than in a regular car!

Update 7: Pickup scheduled for 3/22 @ 1015

@jjuice should be soon for you!
ok... you got vin on 3/9. I got vin 3/10. You got new edd 5 days later (yesterday) with smaller and sooner window. I got my vin 5 days ago so I should get a smaller and sooner edd window today. And since you got your delivery scheduled today, I should get mine scheduled tomorrow! I approve this timeline Elon.

LFG!!!

Reactions: catxi
Day 53, no updates to my EDD. Still Mar 14 - 31. No VIN. Scheduled a test drive for a Mach-E GT for tonight.

Order Date: 1/22
Update #1: Mar - Apr
Update #2: 2/2: Mar 13 - Mar 31
Update #3: 2/10: Mar 21 - 31
**Changed order on 3/2 from Blue Ext/White Int to White Ext/Black Int**
Update #4: 3/5: Mar 14 - 31

Long Range, White ext, Black int, EAP, 18” wheels. Taking delivery at the Oneida, NY delivery center.

Last edited:
Day 53, no updates to my EDD. Still Mar 14 - 31. No VIN. Scheduled a test drive for a Mach-E GT for tonight.

Long Range, White ext, Black int, EAP, 18” wheels. Taking delivery at the Oneida, NY delivery center.
Update, pushed back to last week of the month. No VIN.

Update #5: 3/15: Mar 23 - 31

upset with myself for even looking. but there's a performance model Y in the color combo I ordered my M3 in.. sitting on a lot near my house. about $1000 more than what I paid for the M3. It could be in the garage tonight. very tempted but might feel like a sucker playing into thier hand
Yup, I was just looking at the same thing... inventory MYP, blue on white.

upset with myself for even looking. but there's a performance model Y in the color combo I ordered my M3 in.. sitting on a lot near my house. about $1000 more than what I paid for the M3. It could be in the garage tonight. very tempted but might feel like a sucker playing into thier hand
Quite the range hit down to 279. I like the Y but someone said it looks like the 3 was stung by a bee and now I can't unsee it! But I say go for it, if that means I get my car sooner!:)

Quite the range hit down to 279. I like the Y but someone said it looks like the 3 was stung by a bee and now I can't unsee it! But I say go for it, if that means I get my car sooner!:)
i think the long range Y is the best deal going right now.
I have concerns about the rwd Y, haven't driven one yet, but seems like too much car for a rwd vs awd, and its a bit sluggish from what i see.
If it was the LFP battery might be enticing, but Its not.

Right. I am 5 days from my EDD window opening. And I do still want the new hotness M3. And this whole idea is supposed to be a small third car mainly for my short commute. My other cars have the flash and performance. So I have patience, but if my window gets bumped ... im doing it. The charger install is teasing my so badly. I see the glowing green light in the morning leaving for work and its like it is mocking me.

Right. I am 5 days from my EDD window opening. And I do still want the new hotness M3. And this whole idea is supposed to be a small third car mainly for my short commute. My other cars have the flash and performance. So I have patience, but if my window gets bumped ... im doing it. The charger install is teasing my so badly. I see the glowing green light in the morning leaving for work and its like it is mocking me.
yea, that glowing green light is mocking me..... It keeps calling me.....
I'm debating on seeing if needs an update today to get my tesla fix in.