Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny enough I drove a Rivian R1S today and was really considering buying one of those out of inventory. Not really comparable, kinda like apples and watermelons… but it was ridiculously nice. Fast as hell (3s 0-60) and solidly made.
This whole process just sucked (again) and took the shine off the car. I’m sure I’ll love my Highland (lol) and forget this nonsense soon enough, but for now it reminded me why I moved away from Tesla for a while. They’re a terribly frustrating company who happens to make a great product.

I'd Turo a Rivian for a week before pulling that trigger if you haven't already done so. Rivian's software leaves a lot to be desired AFAIK and you're at the mercy of Electrify America and their ilk (VASTLY inferior experience compared to the Supercharging Network, like BAFFLINGLY worse).

I'd Turo a Rivian for a week before pulling that trigger if you haven't already done so. Rivian's software leaves a lot to be desired AFAIK and you're at the mercy of Electrify America and their ilk (VASTLY inferior experience compared to the Supercharging Network, like BAFFLINGLY worse).
I’m sure ppl get used to it, but I have had a hard time riding in Rivian R1S I’m not a person who gets carsick at all, but something about the way that R1S accelerates gets me.

They had me scheduled for Dublin (I'm in Alameda), but I requested Fremont in the hopes of saving a lil bit of transit time. Not sure if my car will be delivered in the parking lot right in front of the plant, or if they'll have a dedicated delivery center down the street as they did in 2018 when I picked up my OG model 3.

Anyways.....so what do you think man?!?!
Taking it on a trip to Sacramento today so I will update you. But from the drive home I loved it. Really quiet (compared to my 2015 Prius which is a tin box) and just a smooth drive so far

Just got delivery of my car :) it is amazing LR Red with Nova. The only advise from accesory is do not buy the original mudflaps since they suck its installation.

1000006090.jpg

Order Date: 1/22
Original EDD: Feb - Mar
Update #1: Mar - Apr
Update #2: 2/2: Mar 13 - Mar 31
Update #3: 2/10: Mar 21 - Mar 31
**Changed order on 3/2 from Blue Ext/White Int to White Ext/Black Int**
Update #4: 3/5: Mar 14 - Mar 31
Update #5: 3/15: Mar 23 - Mar 31
Update #6: 3/16: VIN Assigned.
Update #7: 3/16: Mar 29 - Mar 31.
Update #8: 3/16: Delivery Scheduled: Mar 30

Long Range, White ext, Black int, EAP, 18” wheels. Taking delivery at the Oneida, NY delivery center.

Hey yall, I decided to go with other ev unfortunately. While I really really loved the car, I am not happy with Tesla’s communication a single bit. I don’t trust their communication will be any better when I will eventually need a service on a car. So it was $250 + many accessories worth of lesson on my end, and I am cutting my loss here and won’t pay Tesla any more money. Good luck everyone.

My sales adviser just texted me to “schedule a service appointment through the app” and has not responded to any of my follow-ups or questions since.

The earliest the app has is Monday. If I was picking it up at the center and could have refused delivery for a repair I would have and I bet they’d have started work on it tomorrow. So frustrating
I had a good experience with the Tesla Mobile Service properly aligning my new Y in 2020, who did the work right in my driveway within a week of taking delivery. Suggest carefully checking that there is not any apparent physical damage to the door hinges, etc, and if not, the door alignment will take all of 20 minutes for a good tech like I had. In fact, the Mobile Service made other adjustment / repairs over the course of a week to get the Y up to specs. That was when Tesla quality control was poor, and now it appears new Teslas have much better quality control with body issues. Scheduling service appts over the app takes some getting use to, but it worked well for me. My Service Centers (Dublin and Berkeley in CA) have been top rate, but you can never get them on the phone (like most companies these days), just use the app. Happy that you received your Highland.

So I took delivery last Friday and traded my old car in. It still had a payoff amount. I just got an email from the loan company that said my payment was still due this month for my old car, so I gave them a ring and they said Tesla had not paid off the trade-in yet and the account was still open. Money is due to come out of my account on the 20th, any idea what I should do here? If I end up paying the loan payment then I imagine getting that money back from Tesla will be an absolute nightmare, but if I don't make the payment then its going to ding my credit score as a missed payment???

Just got delivery of my car :) it is amazing LR Red with Nova. The only advise from accesory is do not buy the original mudflaps since they suck its installation.

View attachment 1028735
Highly recommend the mudflaps from EV base. They come with all of the pins needed to install. Took me about 15mins total. Front and rear!

Highly recommend the mudflaps from EV base. They come with all of the pins needed to install. Took me about 15mins total. Front and rear!
For the rear just make sure you watch a video or pay attention to how to bend the flap to lock the tab into the bodywork! It’s a little physically difficult on purpose once they are locked in the mudflaps are perfectly shaped to the car, zero gap.

Hey yall, I decided to go with other ev unfortunately. While I really really loved the car, I am not happy with Tesla’s communication a single bit. I don’t trust their communication will be any better when I will eventually need a service on a car. So it was $250 + many accessories worth of lesson on my end, and I am cutting my loss here and won’t pay Tesla any more money. Good luck everyone.
man sorry to hear --- i think something fishy is going on with tesla deliveries in atlanta --- cars don't seem to be making it here......
interested what other brand EV?
and since your a bourbon guy -- my go to is "dragon's Blood"
1/3 jack daniels single barrel (better with barrel strength)
1/3 old forester 1910
1/3 woodford double oak

man sorry to hear --- i think something fishy is going on with tesla deliveries in atlanta --- cars don't seem to be making it here......
interested what other brand EV?
and since your a bourbon guy -- my go to is "dragon's Blood"
1/3 jack daniels single barrel (better with barrel strength)
1/3 old forester 1910
1/3 woodford double oak
I decided to go with Cadillac Lyriq AWD, picking it up on 22nd. 500hp and 308mi epa range with 102kwh battery so the car is pretty decent package for money considering $7500 tax credit + extra discounts that I am qualified for. When I testdrove the car, I felt the car was comfortable, quiet and quick for its size. I believe GM is going to offer Tesla’s supercharger access this year, so hopefully long road trips aren’t so bad.

I really wanted model 3 because I am more of a small sedan guy. Also it is really great car too. I hope your March 20th delivery goes smoothly! And I will try dragon’s blood. That sounds amazing!

I decided to go with Cadillac Lyriq AWD, picking it up on 22nd. 500hp and 308mi epa range with 102kwh battery so the car is pretty decent package for money considering $7500 tax credit + extra discounts that I am qualified for. When I testdrove the car, I felt the car was comfortable, quiet and quick for its size. I believe GM is going to offer Tesla’s supercharger access this year, so hopefully long road trips aren’t so bad.

I really wanted model 3 because I am more of a small sedan guy. Also it is really great car too. I hope your March 20th delivery goes smoothly! And I will try dragon’s

I really wanted model 3 because I am more of a small sedan guy. Also it is really great car too. I hope your March 20th delivery goes smoothly! And I will try dragon’s blood. That sounds amazing!
Just know you are R&D. They make about 2,000 of those things a quarter. Unlike the model 3 and Y which are the #1 and #2 car sold in the world by volume. In 10 years Lyrics won't exist.

Enjoy the lyriq. Sounds like a fun one.

Reactions: Jaycha2
For those waiting, hope you get it soon. I know I only had to wait a week so I can’t relate but just know it’s worth the wait.

I’m coming from a January 2019 model 3 AWD, my wife had a 2023 model 3 rwd, and this one blows my 2019 out of the water. It’s definitely better than my wife’s 2023 in terms of comfort and noise but not by a lot. The 2019 just doesn’t seem like a well built car compared to the 2024.