Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I remember correctly, the purchase agreement states that you must pick up the car within 14 day of the “ready notice”, and there is no mention of storage charge.
Well, the SA got back to me and said it just means the SC finished doing their state inspection after my car arrived at the delivery center early. Still no answer from them if the storage charge is something I should be worried about or if it's something to ignore.

Pretty sure I saw your car! They had a few of my configs ready to be picked up by a fleet company. Ugh. Try and work with Adrian when you pick up. He’s awesome. He was able to gps my car and it’s at the jessup depot. Eta to Richmond is the 26th. Getting closer and getting more impatient. That new Tesla smell is intoxicating!

That’s really cool that they were able to see where your car is! I got to poke around in a co workers car today, he got the same spec as my order.

I’ll definitely ask for Adrian, thanks for the heads up. Finally feels real this time.

Additional note for those working on FSD transfer. I sent a message in the app to confirm that because my app shows FSD transfer from my 2020 M3, I'm good to go. And the response I got was:

"The intent [to transfer] is input, we will just be sending you a document to sign. It is the intent to transfer form, and requires either your digital or wet signature. It must accompany the intent set in the account."

So it sounds like there's something else you have to sign?? I thought I already digitally signed something to get that transfer "intent" added to my account, but that apparently isn't what's needed to get the transfer honored after 3/31. I haven't received anything additional from them today. If I haven't heard anything by 3/28 or so, I'll probably make a trip down to the SC and see if they can print it for me to sign on-site.

3 days, actually. The 14 day thing in the order agreement is confusing, but I believe it only applies if they don't sell your car after the 3 day window.
This is from the order agreement:
…..For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within fourteen (14) days of our first attempt to notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee…

Last edited:
This is from the order agreement:
…..For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within fourteen (14) days of our first attempt to notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee…
Basically you have 3 days to get that specific car or it gets reassigned to someone else, and the next available car of your spec gets assigned to you. If you don’t answer at all within 14 days your order gets canceled and they keep your 250.

Reactions: macewank
For those who took delivery. What software version is the car running?
Disregard. Saw another thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
For those sweating FSD transfer, I sent a message in the app today to ask if they could clarify regarding EDD/delivery delays and whether FSD transfer offer will be honored if Tesla can't make delivery until after 3/31. The response I got was:

"Hello- We are still awaiting a VIN to be assigned to your account. Up until then, we have the same visibility into timeframe as you. This being said, the FSD transfer will be offered, however we just have to ensure the intent to transfer is set in your account and the documentation is signed prior to the 31st. We will be sure to get this documentation out to you to digitally sign and return so that it is set in the account".

So it sounds like if you sign the FSD transfer agreement (which I did and my trade-in screen shows "2020 Tesla Model 3 Full Self-Driving Transfer Applied"), you should be OK???
Interesting. My DA told me Tesla no longer requires a signed (hard copy) transfer agreement but only an indication in the trade-in agreement that FSD will be transferred. The transfer is in my trade-in agreement but I never signed anything electronically. But I have seen the hard copy of the FSD Transfer Agreement. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Jaycha2