Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And … it finally happened - I got my car. A gloomy day in Indianapolis so the Ultra Red didn’t pop as it would on a sunny day but still gorgeous nonetheless. Following the tips from the delivery checklist video @EV Girl posted (thank you) I was obsessively inspecting my car and to my relief all looked good. The car is really great. The only thing I was a bit disappointed by is that the wheel is a bit bigger and it covers the lower left corner of the screen a tiny bit. I’m very visual so it bugged me - most probably many won’t even notice. I didn’t have that with my older M3. I tweaked a bit the height and depth of its position so it’s less annoying. Otherwise, the car is quieter and drives much smoother. The FSD transfer was super smooth as well. The car calibrated after 10 miles and I was able to turn the FSD on. So far all is well.

I wanted to thank everyone for the support during this long wait and to wish you good luck, especially on all the white interiors. You guys are superheros to take all this waiting with a stride. Few weeks left, you are so close. See you on the road! 🙌🏽
Congratulations and it looks absolutely beautiful, even on a cloudy day! I have the exact same config as you and can't wait to get mine ;)

@happyelegance

How did you enable FSD already on the 2024 M3? Most people including myself were on software version 2024 so it won’t let us enable until the next software update where FSD catches up. Mine is just grayed out saying will be available at next software update.

My software version when picking up the car today was 2024.2.7.
You are right, I checked and it was greyed for me too with the same message to wait for the next software update.. I guess when I tried to use it the auto lanes on the screen became blue so I assumed it was on but probably it was only the autopilot. Sorry for the confusion.

Just saw this on Teslarati.. a number of these are clearly white interior, too.
I don't think they are white interiors. Here is a close up. Looks like something is on the seat or the paper temp mats. The rear seats should show the white really clearl due to no factory tint at the rear.

Attachments

• 2024-03-22_14-33-47.jpg
    2024-03-22_14-33-47.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
So, how common is that when you go and pick up your brand new M3, the car's profile is set under someone else's name? I already changed it to my own settings, but when I picked mine up this morning, the driver profile had some random guy's name set up. I'm just going to assume it's a Tesla factory test-driver who took it testing. Odd nonetheless, and hopefully it's not an issue later.

I don't think they are white interiors. Here is a close up. Looks like something is on the seat or the paper temp mats. The rear seats should show the white really clearl due to no factory tint at the rear.
Some of the dashboards have the white strip, it would have to be a white interior wouldn’t it, then?

…Ahhh model y why do you deceive me.

Look again at the row closest to us, I’m pretty sure the front piece across the dash is white in them. Maybe it’s a protector but it sure looks white to me! Gonna pretend it is, even if it’s not lol.
Just read @MikeWithAnEV post, are those Y’s? If so, I fell for it too!

Look again at the row closest to us, I’m pretty sure the front piece across the dash is white in them. Maybe it’s a protector but it sure looks white to me! Gonna pretend it is, even if it’s not lol.
Just read @MikeWithAnEV post, are those Y’s? If so, I fell for it too!
I like how we both disregard the arrows

Reactions: GuyFromAz
@happyelegance

How did you enable FSD already on the 2024 M3? Most people including myself were on software version 2024 so it won’t let us enable until the next software update where FSD catches up. Mine is just grayed out saying will be available at next software update.

My software version when picking up the car today was 2024.2.7.
just picked up my car from Fremont. I'm on 2024.2.200 (i dont know if that earlier or later than yours)

I am Very Worried that with nine days left in Q1 and no VIN yet for a delivery window 22-31st of march in Los Angeles
My order date for M3 LR ST/B with 18" was placed on 2/9/24

I hope we start seeing VIN Assignments soon for SoCal.
have they told you your pickup location? i’m a long ways away from my vin, but they told me marina del rey will be my delivery location.

i hope you get your vin soon

Reactions: TK Bay