Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, SC here is adamant that fsd transfer ended on 31st of March. Trying to reason by sending screenprints Of expected delivery between March 28th and March 31st. New delivery is for 5th April. Keeping my fingers crossed

Picking up tomorrow.. spoke with a SA on fsd transfer. Had to resend the signed transfer document. He tried to tell me that he is going to TRY transferring the fsd as the delivery needed to happen by March 31st. So it may not happen. I am still optimistic it will happen but if not then hello R1S!!!
Is he going to be able to tell you FOR SURE that it will/won't transfer before you accept the vehicle? I'd be worried it will be "You have to accept the car, and then we will see what happens".

Reactions: Jaycha2
Guys, SC here is adamant that fsd transfer ended on 31st of March. Trying to reason by sending screenprints Of expected delivery between March 28th and March 31st. New delivery is for 5th April. Keeping my fingers crossed
If I recall they extended this into the following month the LAST time they did the FSD transfer, due to “transport” issues, and EOM closing issues. Can one reference that as certainly the historical example. Maybe just decline to pickup, see how that goes? I mean the company can’t possibly expect ppl to EXPECT to have a significant value transferred to a new vechile - I mean for many it is/was THE incentive to get them to buy, and then take it away just due to the calendar and mostly company incompetency?

Unfortunately these types of inconsistent communications are typical of Tesla. I really wish they'd learn to have consistent messages and not just random opinions of the guy you talk to!
Fingers crossed that it works for you, but I'm worried it'll be a case-by-case basis on what a Service Advisor/Delivery Guy/etc thinks they should do (and then knows how to do).

If I recall they extended this into the following month the LAST time they did the FSD transfer, due to “transport” issues, and EOM closing issues. Can one reference that as certainly the historical example. Maybe just decline to pickup, see how that goes? I mean the company can’t possibly expect ppl to EXPECT to have a significant value transferred to a new vechile - I mean for many it is/was THE incentive to get them to buy, and then take it away just due to the calendar and mostly company incompetency?
They did extend it last time, but the document they had us sign is VERY much "Delivery by March 31st or bust". So it's likely not something you could demand arbitration for and win. Totally agree, it's crazy to draw people in with a promise of transfer, and then have wishy-washy messaging around extensions or not. But, that is how Tesla operates, unfortunately. (And yes Im one of the people waiting, so I'm on the hook, so to speak.

Yes, mentioned that in subsequent text message
I agree , it would be very silly to decline FSD transfer based on a hard date and not taking into account logistics. I am ready tto get R1S if on April 5th they decline to honor transfer…

Hoping you do get it! I believe the official line is that it could take up to 48 hours to actually transfer. Dunno how that impacts it. Pretty sure a few people said it was there within minutes though.

FSD transfer for me was instantaneous. I checked the app after making payment and FSD was there. I wasn’t expecting such a fast transfer. I think the 48 hours notation in the agreement was to allow Tesla some slack if there was a transfer issue.

Did you order a trunk mat? Recommendations. I need one for my 2024 Model 3.
These are definitely on the pricey side, but I got them and really like the fit and quality to be honest I was surprised. Also, I don't know if it's just because I have an Amazon Prime card, but I am able to pay it off in 12 months 0% interest, so it's really not a problem in that case.

Edit: Oops I forgot to include the link!

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
As far as FSD transfer, here is the official Tesla account post for reference. If your original estimated delivery date was within the deadline, i.e. before March 31st, and you have had timeline shifts, meaning delayed estimated delivery dates, they should be honoring your FSD transfer. I would send this post to any SA that says otherwise and try to escalate it as much as possible. Again, if you have proof that your original EDD was within March 31st, you should be good.

And no, Tesla did not delete this post. It is a reply in a thread, so it will not show up under the posts tab in their profile, you have to go to the replies tab to see it, or link directly to it.

As far as FSD transfer, here is the official Tesla account post for reference. If your original estimated delivery date was within the deadline, i.e. before March 31st, and you have had timeline shifts, meaning delayed estimated delivery dates, they should be honoring your FSD transfer. I would send this post to any SA that says otherwise and try to escalate it as much as possible. Again, if you have proof that your original EDD was within March 31st, you should be good.

And no, Tesla did not delete this post. It is a reply in a thread, so it will not show up under the posts tab in their profile, you have to go to the replies tab to see it, or link directly to it.

thanks for the post, I hope it helps others out there.

I received my car already, so I'm in a good spot, but when I went into the showroom to inquire about this, they were able to pull up my information, including my original order date, but ALSO, I saw a line that showed the Original estimated time frame, along with the current estimated timeframe. So Sales advisors will see that quite easily in your account page.

Thanks for sharing! Hope it works out for me

Thanks for sharing! Hope it works out for me
For those who did FSD transfer recently, were there any document that said FSD transfer would happen(other than trade in tab within the tesla app). Tesla uploaded bunch of documents in prep to delivery, but wondering which document would/should have the information on the transfer agreement.. this afternoon they have agreed to do the transfer via text and i want to make sure that it is documented properly. Thanks

For those who did FSD transfer recently, were there any document that said FSD transfer would happen(other than trade in tab within the tesla app). Tesla uploaded bunch of documents in prep to delivery, but wondering which document would/should have the information on the transfer agreement.. this afternoon they have agreed to do the transfer via text and i want to make sure that it is documented properly. Thanks
I was told to fill this out and email it back to my delivery center, they said it would show my interest in the FSD transfer and speed things up. Once I emailed it back, the FSD transfer tab showed up in my app showing it had been checked off. I haven't heard of others having to fill this out though so who knows if it's necessary or not.

Also, on the day I picked up the car, the transfer was basically instant once I confirmed that I took delivery of the car in the app and sat in the car. A notification popped up on the car screen saying the transfer had taken place, and I also got an email confirmation saying the transfer had taken place. So it seems like as long as they've prepped it on their end before delivery, it should be instant once you accept the car.

Attachments

• Blank FSD Transfer Form.pdf
    242.3 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Jaycha2