Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the opposite of my car.
Thought I was going to have this issue as well. Ended up lining up ok.

IMG_7186.JPG

Just dropped the car off for service. Hood gap being fixed. They’ve noted the rear bumper fitment, the light strip fitment, and the indicator buttons for a future appointment. From their knowledge, there is no fix for the indicator yet, and light strip might come down to actually moving the door down a couple mm’s. Pic of light strip:
hey @dillpickle24

are you in Dublin, CA? If so, did take the car to the dublin showroom for service?

My car had a misaligned lightbar on the passenger side, and I took it to berkeley and they didn't really do much. I might wanna try Dublin if they seem to care more about these things:

1712384750376.png

hey @dillpickle24

are you in Dublin, CA? If so, did take the car to the dublin showroom for service?

My car had a misaligned lightbar on the passenger side, and I took it to berkeley and they didn't really do much. I might wanna try Dublin if they seem to care more about these things:

View attachment 1036090
Dublin is correct, and yes I took it to the dublin showroom! They didn’t end up touching it for me as they said they might have to lower the door as a whole. I opted for them to just note it down and i’ll circle back in a couple of days/weeks if there’s a fix. They care, but the advisor wasn’t confident it would be as simple as just the inner door panel or a section.

Side question: Is your rear bumper touching the rear quarter fully? I’ll post a pic tomorrow for comps, but i had them note it down as well.

FWIW, if you’re able and willing to drop it in for service, it shouldn’t take them long at all. My car was ready for pickup within 2 hours. Hood is perfect now. (I advise anyone taking delivery to feel the right and left front of the hood. 4/6 cars on the lot including demo’s had the issue.) I only noticed 2 that had the drivers ambient lighting a little off.

Apologies if this has been asked before. I got my VIN assigned this morning along with this message. Is this normal for the new M3s?

I feel like i knew this was a change with the new Model 3s, but getting this message beforehand has me second guessing myself

Attachments

• IMG_6744 2.PNG
    IMG_6744 2.PNG
    340 KB · Views: 6
@Jaycha2 : I’m sure you’re busy driving and enjoying the car, but how did the delivery (and FSD transfer) go?
Related: has anyone found the official announcement of the new April FSD transfer offer? I’ve seen Sawyer Merritt tweet it, and Electrek picked up the story I think, but Teslas own website does not have updated FSD Transfer offer dates (still ends March 31)

Reactions: Jaycha2
@Jaycha2 : I’m sure you’re busy driving and enjoying the car, but how did the delivery (and FSD transfer) go?
Related: has anyone found the official announcement of the new April FSD transfer offer? I’ve seen Sawyer Merritt tweet it, and Electrek picked up the story I think, but Teslas own website does not have updated FSD Transfer offer dates (still ends March 31)
It was smooth. They just wanted to be sure that they had the fsd transfer form. I was in and out in less than 30 min. It included 10 min to put my Bank account info 😀😀. The car had 7 miles and was in great condition(no need for service call!)Tesla Jax had quite a few M3 SR, of course none of them had white interior. The parking lot was filled with MY.. full to the brim!!! They were double parked and if i have to guess, there were atleast 70-100 brand new MY in the lot intermixed with some S and X’s.

Dublin is correct, and yes I took it to the dublin showroom! They didn’t end up touching it for me as they said they might have to lower the door as a whole. I opted for them to just note it down and i’ll circle back in a couple of days/weeks if there’s a fix. They care, but the advisor wasn’t confident it would be as simple as just the inner door panel or a section.

Side question: Is your rear bumper touching the rear quarter fully? I’ll post a pic tomorrow for comps, but i had them note it down as well.

FWIW, if you’re able and willing to drop it in for service, it shouldn’t take them long at all. My car was ready for pickup within 2 hours. Hood is perfect now. (I advise anyone taking delivery to feel the right and left front of the hood. 4/6 cars on the lot including demo’s had the issue.) I only noticed 2 that had the drivers ambient lighting a little off.
good to know Dublin is a good option for me later.

RE: your question: Sorry, I don't know yet as my car is in service right now for a hood issue hahahah

The drivers side of my front hood was dropped in, pretty noticably more than the passenger side. I took it to Berkeley, and they tried adjusting the latch but determined that the hood was warped. So they ordered a new hood, and now the hood has to get painted and installed on. It'll take a week so I'm on a loaner for now. I'll check your rear bumper question when I get the car back. FWIW, my VIN is 7326XX

1712417565044.png

hey @dillpickle24

View attachment 1036090
It’s funny that the introduction of the LIGHTBAR makes this more apparent and possibly annoying..historically, I probably wouldn’t have bothered much about that 1/3 cm mis-alignment.

Reactions: dillpickle24
Just picked up my 2024 SG M3. After having a bit of regret for choosing nearly the same color I had in my 2019 M3 (MG), I really love the color!

I received an email that my FSD transfer went through as of today and it has FSD all over the settings. Delivery took all of 40 mins with the trade-in and that was with three simultaneous deliveries. I traded in my 2019 and they didn’t even go through it.

I have to wait to get home link added, but really love the new interior and how quiet it is. The ventilated seats and heated steering wheel will be greatly appreciated in the winter here in Chicago.

IMG_0388.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpeg
    IMG_0387.jpeg
    748 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 8
Just picked up my 2024 SG M3. After having a bit of regret for choosing nearly the same color I had in my 2019 M3 (MG), I really love the color!

I received an email that my FSD transfer went through as of today and it has FSD all over the settings. Delivery took all of 40 mins with the trade-in and that was with three simultaneous deliveries. I traded in my 2019 and they didn’t even go through it.

I have to wait to get home link added, but really love the new interior and how quiet it is. The ventilated seats and heated steering wheel will be greatly appreciated in the winter here in Chicago.

View attachment 1036209
Nice.. while it might be the same color NAME I do believe and others have reported that the MG color looks richer, deeper, slightly darker than the original 2018/2019 MG color. Maybe that is what ppl are seeing.

Car looks really great!

good to know Dublin is a good option for me later.

RE: your question: Sorry, I don't know yet as my car is in service right now for a hood issue hahahah

The drivers side of my front hood was dropped in, pretty noticably more than the passenger side. I took it to Berkeley, and they tried adjusting the latch but determined that the hood was warped. So they ordered a new hood, and now the hood has to get painted and installed on. It'll take a week so I'm on a loaner for now. I'll check your rear bumper question when I get the car back. FWIW, my VIN is 7326XX

View attachment 1036160
Goodness. It's like someone sat on it.

Reactions: Whitezoid
Nice.. while it might be the same color NAME I do believe and others have reported that the MG color looks richer, deeper, slightly darker than the original 2018/2019 MG color. Maybe that is what ppl are seeing.

Car looks really great!
Thanks!

It is definitely a new color - I think it is now Stealth Grey vs Midnight Silver. It is much more towards black depending on the light. Even my wife noticed and that is saying something (not into cars).

Reactions: zoomer0056
Took delivery of my car this morning, and it was super smooth. It didn’t feel like I was evening spending thousands of dollars, trading in my car, or driving away with a new car. It was incredible.

The standard range is pretty quick, I don’t know how anybody could call it slow without having driven a 2012 Hyundai first, tbh.

I have the black interior after switching from white; my thoughts on the black? Super super satisfying, I’m completely happy with the interior. I don’t even have those LED strip issues where they look completely misaligned - mine is literally perfect. I will say this…IF YOU CAN WAIT FOR THE WHITE INTERIOR, DO IT. You will have the nicest interior of a vehicle out of almost anybody you know. You will feel way cooler than those who do not have the same interior, because your interior will be cooler. The black interior is cool but that cool colored white will offset some sun heat.

There is a glare on the windshield from the dash that you will get used to.

It does feel slightly larger to drive than I thought it would coming from my old car, but that’s probably the weight behind the model 3.

I’m happy to answer any questions if anybody had them. 10/10 experience.