Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, I guess good news is it’s still the same May 2-16 as of right now
Really was wishing for Vin today
I’ll let you guys know if anything happens as soon as it happens and believe me I’ve been checking. Let’s just say a lot of times today. lol
lol i check multiple times a day also and since yesterday i’ve been saying the next day is vin day.

may 9 - 23rd. i hope for good things.

Got my M3 LR on Tuesday! Forgot to post in here.
The process was super fast and easy. The front end of the car had some pretty big scuffs and scratches on it, but they are going to get it all fixed for me next week. No charge. Overall a very good experience!

Attachments

• TESLA.jpg
    TESLA.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 9
So my experience and evolution with PPF goes back 20 years. At first, I was only interested in the rock chip protection and covered only the front bumper of my cars. It was relatively inexpensive and I did notice a pretty big difference driving on California roads. But one thing I also noticed as I ventured into handwashing my own cars is that the PPF'ed surfaces were also easier to clean. I didn't have to be as delicate with those areas.

So fast forward 15 years, 3 cars later, I got my 2018 Model 3 and decided wrap the front bumper, hood, mirrors, headlight and fenders (front half of car). Where I live, unfortunately, I have a lot of trees on my street and have to park my car outside. So I get bird crap, tree sap, and annoying tree blossoms that get stuck on my car. I noticed that the clear coat on my trunk and back half of my car was getting patchy from all the outdoor elements. The front half, which was PPF'ed had no change at all.

So with my new 2024, I decided to go full body PPF. I don't want to worry as much about the occasional small rock chip, but now, I don't have to worry about the elements as much either. And since I'm going full out, I decided on xpel stealth for a matte finish on the ppf to change the look of the car as well. I've had good results with XPEL Glossy in the past because its pretty thick and durable, but now I get a chance to change the look of the car too! So it provides dual purpose for me, paint protection and also a matte look. This is the stealth grey but with the matte finish, it appears as a different shade.

Happy to talk more about my experience if you'd like!View attachment 1043771View attachment 1043774View attachment 1043775View attachment 1043776looks nice. What was the cost? And which state do you live in

For those trading old M3s for new M3s, a few tidbits on which accessories were transferrable and which weren't...

I traded a 2020 M3P for the 2024LR

• 3D MAXpider all weather mats: The front and rear floor mats fit the 2024 great. Rear mat may be a little short under the front seats, but it fits pretty well and covers where people's feet will be. Front mats are perfect. Trunk and frunk mats, however, don't really fit. I could get them in there, but not a correct fit and they look janky. Will likely end up replacing those.
  • Had a screen mount sunglasses and phone holder similar to this: Amazon.com. 2024 screen is smaller and thinner than the 2020 screen, so this did not fit the new car.
  • Had a silly trash bag that clipped onto the pocket on the back of the front passenger seat (Amazon.com): does not fit the 2024.
Super helpful, I’m picking up mine on 5/4 and would like to use my older model 3 mats. Glad the front mats still work!

A car is available in inventory that I want to switch to. Should I place a new order for it or call them to make a switch?
Call your SA and let them know you want to switch to a configuration that is available in inventory. They will make sure your base price stays the same (if you ordered before price increases) and can set you up for delivery ASAP.

Call your SA and let them know you want to switch to a configuration that is available in inventory. They will make sure your base price stays the same (if you ordered before price increases) and can set you up for delivery ASAP.
Thanks for this. i called them and made the switch picking up may 9th!

Only downside is you have to make the $250 payment again. But hey at this point I would probs drop $1000 🤣

Thanks for this. i called them and made the switch picking up may 9th!

Only downside is you have to make the $250 payment again. But hey at this point I would probs drop $1000 🤣
Not that it matters, but no one else mentioned having to pay the 250 again for switching. Can those that switched chime in here? Did you guys have to pay that again and didn’t mention It? Or could you help him out and tell him how to get that reversed? Thanks.

Not that it matters, but no one else mentioned having to pay the 250 again for switching. Can those that switched chime in here? Did you guys have to pay that again and didn’t mention It? Or could you help him out and tell him how to get that reversed? Thanks.
I did not have to pay to switch my order
That was one of my first questions when I called and switched

Reactions: evfangirl and jiren
So the other day on the 1st I was just having fun thought it would make me feel better if I played dumb
(like I know there not giving me the vin)
But what the hell so I text Tesla thru the app saying
View attachment 1044178 And just now I get this …. so typical ..lol
View attachment 1044179
So frustrating. I’m sure your VIN is right around the corner

Reactions: jiren and Dan. G