Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has eroded any sense of excitement and eagerness so much so that I didn’t even check the app today, until just now only to see that I got pushed back just as most of you all have.

It’s so incredibly dumb that a Jan 10th order will take 6+ months. It’s not even real leather? What could POSSIBLY be the delay?

Seriously considering switching to black, but at the same time it’ll make waiting this long pointless which stings. Tesla sucks and I’ll be telling people how horrible this experience was for the rest of my life.

New EDD is June 21 - 30, which is hilarious that they even put days. It should just say 2024 at this point, and sometime in November they can switch to 2025.

Tesla has eroded any sense of excitement and eagerness so much so that I didn’t even check the app today, until just now only to see that I got pushed back just as most of you all have.

It’s so incredibly dumb that a Jan 10th order will take 6+ months. It’s not even real leather? What could POSSIBLY be the delay?

Seriously considering switching to black, but at the same time it’ll make waiting this long pointless which stings. Tesla sucks and I’ll be telling people how horrible this experience was for the rest of my life.

New EDD is June 21 - 30, which is hilarious that they even put days. It should just say 2024 at this point, and sometime in November they can switch to 2025.
Agree.. after waiting so long I hate to capitulate. But I totally understand people who no longer can wait, and switch. Not happily!!😞

Mine just changed today also
I’m like losing sleep over this and that’s before I seen the new update
Either white seat covers now
Or
(we all know now coming soon)
performance with black cause I won’t wait and prob get it before white long range shows up

And just thinking hopefully totally off but if the performance is say $10,000 more then long range
And gets the $7,500 tax
I’ll get black to save $1,000
early orders only paid $1000
Then get the wheels that come with it which are the 19” anyways (save$1,500)

So would it cost the exact same as my long range that I don’t even have anyways!

I don’t know am I going crazy,, I think so my family thinks so 🤒🤮🤬🤬🤪View attachment 1037477
Order 1-10
Help!!!!
May 9th, you got it easy. Just wait till it changes to end of June or August like it did for the rest of us. (I hope it doesn’t and you get your car in early May)

Hi, sorry if this is a basic question - but we are in the same boat w a Jan order and my wife is now super annoyed and no longer wants to wait. Is there any way to get the 250 back or is that just gone?
I'm not 100% sure on this but from what I've seen others say, you can transfer it to other configurations or models, but if you cancel outright you will most likely lose it.

Unless you ordered earlier than me on 1/10 you just moved up one place in line!

I can't wait until mid-summer to get a car. Called my SA yesterday, said I was done with the wait, and he found me a LR Red with Black interior, 19" wheels. Picking it up tomorrow!
Did the same thing today- also red/ black LR available tomorrow. Also original 1/10 order.

I waited as long as I could for the white but lost patience at the end of March and have been driving my beautiful stealth Grey with 18" Photons and black interior since April 1 and loving it. And to be honest I really like the black interior. With most of the interior being black anyway having ti all black feels very intentional. Though it really pisses me off that Tesla is not being transparent about the issues with the white interior OR the real EDD.

I was thinking about this earlier... Shanghai seems to have no issue producing plenty of M3's with white interiors for all other markets and they started production months before Fremont. I don't understand why enough white interiors couldn't be sourced ahead of time for the US launch - it legit makes no sense. Hopefully Tesla provides an update during the earnings call.

Meanwhile, I just saw a customer in the Canadian waiting room take delivery today of the exact same config I ordered - LR/Blue/White int/Photons. They ordered on 3/19, I ordered on 3/21, and my EDD is June 12-30. I can't help but be jealous.

I was thinking about this earlier... Shanghai seems to have no issue producing plenty of M3's with white interiors for all other markets and they started production months before Fremont. I don't understand why enough white interiors couldn't be sourced ahead of time for the US launch - it legit makes no sense. Hopefully Tesla provides an update during the earnings call.

Meanwhile, I just saw a customer in the Canadian waiting room take delivery today of the exact same config I ordered - LR/Blue/White int/Photons. They ordered on 3/19, I ordered on 3/21, and my EDD is June 12-30. I can't help but be jealous.
tesla should just send us shanghai models until fremont gets their act together.

I've been in touch with Teslarati and a couple of YouTubers. Maybe we can get some traction on the coverage of this issue.
I was in contact with Simon Alvarez at Teslarati who was the first to write an article on the white interior delay. It’s his article that Ryan Shaw quoted when he spoke about it on his YouTube video.

The more coverage the better