Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I’m new to Tesla and ordered my 24M3 in mid-March. I wasn’t aware of such horrible delivery issues with the new M3, and am now worried that my lease confirmation is going to expire before i can get a vehicle. I ordered the standard range in blue with white interior, and my original delivery date was May-June, but it was just pushed back to June-July today. Anyone have any tips how I can get a vehicle within the 60 day window for lease confirmations?

I wish i waited to sign the lease until after being assigned a vehicle, but I didnt know any better and feel like my credit might regret it later on.

There a no horrible delivery issue with model 3 delivery unless you have ordered White interior! If you want your vehicle fast you give up white interior!

Hi yall! After messaging the SP 2 days this was the response I got. And no one even reached out to me. Then woke up this morning to a new EDD:June-July!! Wow...
IMG_6257.png

I haven't seen a white interior in person and I'm starting to feel foolish waiting and wanting something I've never seen before. I've seen the x and s white int to get a feel and I really like it.

My family is starting to get impatient and is trying to convince me to switch to black. They've been warning me about how dirty it'll get and that it'll be hard to maintain. Although it's tempting... I think I'm still going to stick with white.

Reactions: Dan. G and jiren
Hi yall! After messaging the SP 2 days this was the response I got. And no one even reached out to me. Then woke up this morning to a new EDD:June-July!! Wow... View attachment 1038213
i think it’s time for us with twitter accounts to tweet tesla and elon about this until we get some answers. i think a pretty good campaign with a hashtag could get something going. and if we can get one of the super fans on tesla to retweet that would be helpful.

is as individuals message SA via the app isn’t going to get us anywhere unfortunately

I haven't seen a white interior in person and I'm starting to feel foolish waiting and wanting something I've never seen before. I've seen the x and s white int to get a feel and I really like it.

My family is starting to get impatient and is trying to convince me to switch to black. They've been warning me about how dirty it'll get and that it'll be hard to maintain. Although it's tempting... I think I'm still going to stick with white.
I have a 2020 M3 white interior. No it doesn’t get dirty and no it is not hard to maintain. In over 4 years I have wiped it may be twice, not that it needed.
If you want to switch to black for other reasons, that is understandable..

I have a 2020 M3 white interior. No it doesn’t get dirty and no it is not hard to maintain. In over 4 years I have wiped it may be twice, not that it needed.
If you want to switch to black for other reasons, that is understandable..
Thanks for the reassurance! I hear from most that white is easy to maintain. Do you use any protective coating on yours?
There's a only a 0.1% chance I'll switch to black. I'm sticking with white for sure but if it's going take any longer than my current EDD I might consider switching just cuz my of family.

Reactions: evfangirl and jiren
Thanks for the reassurance! I hear from most that white is easy to maintain. Do you use any protective coating on yours?
There's an only a 0.1% chance I'll switch to black. I'm sticking with white for sure but if it's going take any longer than my current EDD I might consider switching just cuz my of family.
is the car for yourself? or family? i saw new model 3 with black seats the other day and although it looks good. i can see why white will be much better.

if the car is for you and you don’t need to replace current car now, i say hold.

Reactions: evfangirl
Hi yall! After messaging the SP 2 days this was the response I got. And no one even reached out to me. Then woke up this morning to a new EDD:June-

i think it’s time for us with twitter accounts to tweet tesla and elon about this until we get some answers. i think a pretty good campaign with a hashtag could get something going. and if we can get one of the super fans on tesla to retweet that would be helpful.

is as individuals message SA via the app isn’t going to get us anywhere unfortunately
I’m down to give it a go. Earlier today I emailed the guy who wrote the Teslerati piece about our long wait to let them know the wait continues to grow (into q3 no less!)

If only there was an adult at Tesla who could persuade Elon that transparency in situations like these would build greater customer loyalty that could someday be of use, instead of the apathy we’ve been getting from his team.

I’m still rather new on TMC - has everyone seen this google sheet?

Reactions: jiren
There's an only a 0.1% chance I'll switch to black. I'm sticking with white for sure but if it's going take any longer than my current EDD I might consider switching just cuz my of family.
I have used no protective coating. Have wiped a couple of times the front seats with a mixture of Dawn and water. I hear baby wipes are good too.
The back seat is hardly used. Of course I don’t have small kids or pets to ride, and I have made a habit of not putting “stuff” on the seats. Always on the floor.

• Love
Reactions: evfangirl and catxi

I did tweet Tesla, as well as Teslarati, the Tesla Life, and some journalists and YouTubers. No answer from Tesla. A couple of YouTubers said they would "look into it."

Not trying to be a jerk, but whatever your current EDD is, it’s meaningless. It’s going to be Q3 at best.

Reactions: impatient_guy