Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a loooonnngggg wait, I finally took delivery of my LR white/white/photon M3 yesterday! Delivery was ok - I had to wait about 15-20 minutes while they printed out some documents, and the car wasn't cleaned very well. But overall it was pretty quick and painless.

I did a reasonably thorough inspection and didn't find any reportable issues. The LED strips are well aligned on the driver's side, and a little off on the passenger side, but not enough to bother me. Coming from a 2020 LR model 3, this car feels really well built. When you close the doors it just sounds solid, compared to my old car which sounded a bit hollow. The turn signal buttons take a little while to get used to, but I'm pretty comfortable with it after ~24hrs and I don't find myself reaching for the non-existent stalk! As has been mentioned before, these buttons don't work 100% of the time, and are a bit sensitive to where you apply pressure. I think my only complaint would be with the glovebox. It looks/feels/sounds very cheap, and it's next to impossible to fit my hand in there enough to access the USB port.

And FWIW, I did get another free FSD monthlong trial on the new car, even though I had that on my previous car as well.

Overall I'm glad I waited and didn't cancel out of frustration. Good luck to all of those who are still waiting - I sincerely hope the VIN gods smile on you soon!

Attachments

• IMG_8287.jpg
    IMG_8287.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8286.jpg
    IMG_8286.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8285.jpg
    IMG_8285.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8284.jpg
    IMG_8284.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 4
If the LR and SR both qualified for the tax credit up until Jan 1 of this year when the restrictions went into effect, and now said restrictions are apparently delayed, why wouldn’t those models qualify again?
The highland standard and LR don't qualify. Never have. The older cars have a different source of batteries. The new performance uses the same battery as the 23 performance

Reactions: evfangirl
The highland standard and LR don't qualify. Never have. The older cars have a different source of batteries. The new performance uses the same battery as the 23 performance
I’m aware the highland hasn’t ever qualified. The non performance model 3’s were always going to lose the credit at the end of 2023 due to their battery materials. But if those restrictions on the materials are no longer in effect, why wouldn’t they qualify just like they did in 2023? Is the battery completely different in 2024 models? Not sure if thats the case.

I’m aware the highland hasn’t ever qualified. The non performance model 3’s were always going to lose the credit at the end of 2023 due to their battery materials. But if those restrictions on the materials are no longer in effect, why wouldn’t they qualify just like they did in 2023? Is the battery completely different in 2024 models? Not sure if thats the case.
You just incorrectly connected some dots.

The 2023 LR and Performance shared a battery. Why would a 2024 performance with the same battery get the 7500 but a 2024 LR not? Connect that dot and you'll understand why. You are trying to make conjecture fact. But it isn't

• Disagree
Reactions: Whitezoid and LL-FL
After a loooonnngggg wait, I finally took delivery of my LR white/white/photon M3 yesterday! Delivery was ok - I had to wait about 15-20 minutes while they printed out some documents, and the car wasn't cleaned very well. But overall it was pretty quick and painless.

I did a reasonably thorough inspection and didn't find any reportable issues. The LED strips are well aligned on the driver's side, and a little off on the passenger side, but not enough to bother me. Coming from a 2020 LR model 3, this car feels really well built. When you close the doors it just sounds solid, compared to my old car which sounded a bit hollow. The turn signal buttons take a little while to get used to, but I'm pretty comfortable with it after ~24hrs and I don't find myself reaching for the non-existent stalk! As has been mentioned before, these buttons don't work 100% of the time, and are a bit sensitive to where you apply pressure. I think my only complaint would be with the glovebox. It looks/feels/sounds very cheap, and it's next to impossible to fit my hand in there enough to access the USB port.

And FWIW, I did get another free FSD monthlong trial on the new car, even though I had that on my previous car as well.

Overall I'm glad I waited and didn't cancel out of frustration. Good luck to all of those who are still waiting - I sincerely hope the VIN gods smile on you soon!
Wow that driver side led alignment is the most perfect I’ve seen so far.

I think the white interior is holding it up not the RWD. There’s various paint colors of both RWD and LR in inventory near me but all are black interior only.
A bunch of white int orders has been going out now for the past couple weeks since Q2. But they were all LR. I've been seeing them in inventory too. Still haven't seen any with SR

I think the white interior is holding it up not the RWD. There’s various paint colors of both RWD and LR in inventory near me but all are black interior only.
The RWDs in inventory were produced until about a month ago I think. Then a new LR batch started, right at the time when white interiors entered production. Now we have to wait until the end of the LR batch to start seeing RWDs with white interior.
That's the pattern I'm seeing but might be more complex than that.

I've got my delivery scheduled for next Sunday, the 19th! I stopped by our local store front today to see if I could talk to my sales guy and saw something I did not expect - they have a White with White Interior / 19" wheels as a demo unit! I forgot to check to see if it was LR or SR. First time to see the white interior in person. Can't wait for next Sunday!

Hello Everyone!

Finally took my delivery of Long Range, White interior, Stealth Grey, 18" wheels this past Saturday!!
The whole process of taking delivery went smooth and there were a bunch of other folks taking deliveries of Cybertrucks and other models.

I took my time and thoroughly went through the checklist and checked everything.. probably took me an hour, but well worth it. I found a few small cosmetic things like a small tiny chip and in one spot the paint was a bit dull. Also inside on the panel there was some dirt. But they took care of everything on the spot and buffed out the paint and filled the chip so well I cannot tell where it was!
The panels are all great, except for one fender that's just slightly misaligned but its so small that I even lost which fender it was at some point so I have zero worries about it.

The car was super clean and ready to go at delivery time. No issues at all, very pleasant experience!

Took some pictures for you all to enjoy!

Attachments

• wait4whitetesla9.jpeg
    wait4whitetesla9.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 3
  • wait4whitetesla8.jpeg
    wait4whitetesla8.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 3
  • wait4whitetesla7.jpeg
    wait4whitetesla7.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 6
  • wait4whitetesla6.jpeg
    wait4whitetesla6.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 6
  • wait4whitetesla5.jpeg
    wait4whitetesla5.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 6
  • wait4whitetesla4.jpeg
    wait4whitetesla4.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 4
  • wait4whitetesla3.jpeg
    wait4whitetesla3.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 5
  • wait4whitetesla2.jpeg
    wait4whitetesla2.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 5
  • wait4whitetesla1.jpeg
    wait4whitetesla1.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 4
  • wait4whitetesla10.jpeg
    wait4whitetesla10.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 3
Hello Everyone!

Finally took my delivery of Long Range, White interior, Stealth Grey, 18" wheels this past Saturday!!
The whole process of taking delivery went smooth and there were a bunch of other folks taking deliveries of Cybertrucks and other models.

I took my time and thoroughly went through the checklist and checked everything.. probably took me an hour, but well worth it. I found a few small cosmetic things like a small tiny chip and in one spot the paint was a bit dull. Also inside on the panel there was some dirt. But they took care of everything on the spot and buffed out the paint and filled the chip so well I cannot tell where it was!
The panels are all great, except for one fender that's just slightly misaligned but its so small that I even lost which fender it was at some point so I have zero worries about it.

The car was super clean and ready to go at delivery time. No issues at all, very pleasant experience!

Took some pictures for you all to enjoy!
Beautiful. See you in the other forums!

Reactions: evfangirl