Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Key Fob

Will you get a Model 3 Keyfob

• Yes

Votes: 46 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 66 41.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 30.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the M3 key fob enable you to end charge/unlock charge port without having to go into the car and click on the screen

Long press of the BOOT on the fob whilst holding it near the charge port.

Not had to unlock the car before hand (as per @house9 ), but maybe the times I've done it the car was already unlocked and I haven't put 2+2 together. Given I would have the fob in my hand anyway I would be able to just double-press it for the car-unlock.

I’m sure I’ve seen you can press the charge port cap with you finger and it opens?

Yes, easy to plug in. Its the Unplug bit that is tricky.

Get phone out, launch APP, stop charge, press UNLOCK.

Or get in to car and do same from screen ... then get back out again to actually unplug.

Or have a Tesla Wall Charger, which has a button on the Wand to stop the charge and/or open the charge port (3rd party add-on buttons available [there has been chatter over the years, can't remember if the current crop are all Heath Robinson, or better than that] )

Or the Key Fob which allows press-and-hold fob-boot to do all that too.

Yes, easy to plug in. Its the Unplug bit that is tricky.

Get phone out, launch APP, stop charge, press UNLOCK.

Or get in to car and do same from screen ... then get back out again to actually unplug.

Or have a Tesla Wall Charger, which has a button on the Wand to stop the charge and/or open the charge port (3rd party add-on buttons available [there has been chatter over the years, can't remember if the current crop are all Heath Robinson, or better than that] )

Or the Key Fob which allows press-and-hold fob-boot to do all that too.
Great! Thanks, that justifies my fob purchase

If I could actually attach my house keys to it then I may consider it but as you can’t without buying an extra band to wrap around it then I see it as just another thing to carry around or lose.

does anybody just carry around the fob by itself loose in their pocket?
I will.

My model 3 is being repaired, and I'm told it's going to take months. Got a model 3 rental in the meantime and only got a keycard. Call me spoiled, but after 4 days I can't stand having to use the card all the time and constantly finding that I can't unlock the charger until I walk around the car.

So I thought the fob will do for now. Hopefully when the new model X comes out, it will work with this fob.

I have a fob for my 3. Soon to transfer to Y. Plug/unplug, have fob in pocket. Walk up to the car, press button on TWC. Done. Can’t stand the key cards. Plus it looks cool. I had heard you can link a fob to a profile but not done this.