Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be wrong, but I thought people who were buying the car privately could input their driving license details etc. Into their account before they picked up the car. I’m picking up my car (leased from Octopus) tomorrow but there’s no option to do this. Also, does the Tesla app just show the “welcome to the Tesla family” screen with the help videos until the phone is paired with the car at the service centre?

Normally you can enter those details when ordering, wouldn't worry too much, they checked my ID to validate I was who I said I was, but didn't even check things such as car insurance etc..

You only see details of the car in the app once you get there and they enable it :)

Anyone know what “awaiting match” means with Tesla

Normally means your account stuff / finance is all ready, they are just waiting on a suitable car to match you to / VIN match.

• Disagree
Reactions: Lawtq
Ordered mine though Select/Leaseplan 2 weeks ago, and delivery has been booked for 26th September in Birmingham. Spec is White/Black performance. Apologies to anyone if I somehow jumped the queue...............................

At the moment I have had no VIN, Tesla account says no product assigned to my account.

Is this normal? Never had a text of any kind from Tesla, the only email received from Tesla was the "rescheduled" delivery.

Not feeling convinced that all will go smoothly at the moment!

yes it is normal. it may all appear a few days before collection wait until the 23rd.

what model have you gone for ?

Ordered mine though Select/Leaseplan 2 weeks ago, and delivery has been booked for 26th September in Birmingham. Spec is White/Black performance. Apologies to anyone if I somehow jumped the queue...............................

At the moment I have had no VIN, Tesla account says no product assigned to my account.

Is this normal? Never had a text of any kind from Tesla, the only email received from Tesla was the "rescheduled" delivery.

Not feeling convinced that all will go smoothly at the moment!

Just a note for anyone thinking of leasing, i'm about to order via LeasePlan today and they've informed me (this is reflected in the price i've been given) that Tesla are honoring the old price until 27th Sept.

Anyone have recent experience with LeasePlan? their reviews on TrustPilot are pretty awful, hope i'm doing the right thing.

Just a note for anyone thinking of leasing, i'm about to order via LeasePlan today and they've informed me (this is reflected in the price i've been given) that Tesla are honoring the old price until 27th Sept.

Anyone have recent experience with LeasePlan? their reviews on TrustPilot are pretty awful, hope i'm doing the right thing.

I think all lease companies reviews are awful because it's people being stung for not looking after the car or documenting dinks that were on the car before they got it.

I'm with them - my broker said my SR+ is due in October, so fingers crossed. I got a decent deal, not the best, but I'm happy. Only thing is that their excess mileage is ridiculous, 18p+ if I remember correctly so I over spec'd. LeasePlan do give you the choice to fine-tune the mileage after 6 months i.e. increase and decrease your costs.