Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, when you make the order you choose how you're going to finance it and you just put lease (there's a few details to fill in after order is made - log into your account) - and the order will just be stuck there until you've given your RN to the lease company who then get in touch with Tesla to confirm they're taking it over.

Until then, if Tesla contact you you can just tell them you're not ready to take delivery.

I second this, most lease companies have no problem doing this. Fairly normal

Many chaps, really do appreciate the feedback.

So, if I place the order, how long will Tesla stomach me saying 'I don't want it yet' (until the lease price improves) before they say " 'oi, you are having it"

Ta

h
I don't think they're bothered. If a car is ready for you and you say no they'll just unmatch you and give it to someone else. I think they are supply-constrained rather than demand-constrained at the moment and for foreseeable future.

Reactions: EVMeister
Many chaps, really do appreciate the feedback.

So, if I place the order, how long will Tesla stomach me saying 'I don't want it yet' (until the lease price improves) before they say " 'oi, you are having it"

Ta

h
I’ve done that for two months, original collection March 24th and actual collection may 26th. They gave two weeks grace at a time during official lockdown, but now you can only defer collection 7 days at a time and possibly only do this 2-3 times.

If they unmatch you then they will allocate a car in storage (Southampton) which needs to be transferred to a service centre for you to collect, or in some cases they will deliver, this takes a couple of weeks. At the moment they still have a lot of cars to shift, plus new deliveries from the US will start to land n July / August (maybe sooner), but guess they’ll limit these to the U.K. and Use up unallocated inventory sat in SC’s or storage.

Morning gents

My current company car lease is about to expire, and I'm looking to come out of the scheme to get myself a M3 LR. This means £900 of extra cash a month in my pocket, but I need your advice before doing something stupid

I'm really interested in getting the FSD capabilities, and red color. And with that in mind, I don't know if I should get a lease or PCP.

I feel like if I'm paying almost 7 grand worth of upgrades it makes sense to purchase the car rather than lease? So I should be looking for PCP, or for c£100 less a month, get Tesla's contract hire option?

Thanks

Morning gents

My current company car lease is about to expire, and I'm looking to come out of the scheme to get myself a M3 LR. This means £900 of extra cash a month in my pocket, but I need your advice before doing something stupid

I'm really interested in getting the FSD capabilities, and red color. And with that in mind, I don't know if I should get a lease or PCP.

I feel like if I'm paying almost 7 grand worth of upgrades it makes sense to purchase the car rather than lease? So I should be looking for PCP, or for c£100 less a month, get Tesla's contract hire option?

Thanks
My own opinion is that it would be total madness to lease with FSD right now...given the functionality is minimal and severely hobbled in the UK. You'd be paying a significant amount per month vs. no FSD only to give the car back in the few years and probably not benefit from it much at all.

I think a bigger q for you is whether you really want FSD. If you do and you're open to keeping the car longer term, I too would be going down the route of purchasing the car via PCP or otherwise.

I settled on not bothering and seeing what things look like in 3 years when my lease ends.

Have you researched what you actually get with FSD right now?

My own opinion is that it would be total madness to lease with FSD right now...given the functionality is minimal and severely hobbled in the UK. You'd be paying a significant amount per month vs. no FSD only to give the car back in the few years and probably not benefit from it much at all.

I think a bigger q for you is whether you really want FSD. If you do and you're open to keeping the car longer term, I too would be going down the route of purchasing the car via PCP or otherwise.

I settled on not bothering and seeing what things look like in 3 years when my lease ends.

Have you researched what you actually get with FSD right now?
This is probably what I didn't want to hear, and the best advice I could get...

I think I've seen way too many videos where youtubers brag about using FSD and how cool it is even when it's not fully ready. And I'm sure it's amazing, until you realise that it has its flaws and I'd be better off with Autopilot and 6 grand in my pocket.

4 years is a lot of time as well, and things may change massively in the EV market, or in my personal circumstances even.

Thanks for opening my eyes, I think I'll forget about FSD and go for the lease. Worst case scenario, I may be able to add FSD as a subscription later in the year from what Musk said today...

Are there any lease deals that you know of with insurance included? I'm being quoted £100 a month in a small town with 3y NCB, which is reasonable, but I wonder if I could get a better deal?

Thanks

This is probably what I didn't want to hear, and the best advice I could get...

I think I've seen way too many videos where youtubers brag about using FSD and how cool it is even when it's not fully ready. And I'm sure it's amazing, until you realise that it has its flaws and I'd be better off with Autopilot and 6 grand in my pocket.

4 years is a lot of time as well, and things may change massively in the EV market, or in my personal circumstances even.

Thanks for opening my eyes, I think I'll forget about FSD and go for the lease. Worst case scenario, I may be able to add FSD as a subscription later in the year from what Musk said today...

Are there any lease deals that you know of with insurance included? I'm being quoted £100 a month in a small town with 3y NCB, which is reasonable, but I wonder if I could get a better deal?

Thanks
Ha, I feel guilty now!

I'm not too sure personal lease deals ever include insurance but stand to be corrected!

I think ZenAuto and DriveElectric are supposed to have some good deals on the lease itself though.

On insurance there seem to be some huge differences across the country and across age groups.

I went with salary sacrifice through work as it comes out quite cost effective given it's all-in with insurance, maintenance etc.

Ha, I feel guilty now!

I'm not too sure personal lease deals ever include insurance but stand to be corrected!

I think ZenAuto and DriveElectric are supposed to have some good deals on the lease itself though.

On insurance there seem to be some huge differences across the country and across age groups.

I went with salary sacrifice through work as it comes out quite cost effective given it's all-in with insurance, maintenance etc.
To me the best part of getting the company car was to forget about quotes, insurance, repairs, etc. Just had a couple of punctures and they came and fixed it with no hassle. However I have the option of getting cash in lieu each year, which at the end works much better than the company car scheme we have.

Can confirm Drive Electric have some good deals on at the moment and have extended the offer until 17/6/20.
Electric Vehicles available to lease from DriveElectric
Direct Line are one of Tesla's preferred insurance companies so may be worth a try.
One other benefit of Drive electric is that they've tied up with EDF and if you switch to EDF's EV Tarif you get 5000 free miles.
EV: Leasing
Thank you. I've asked DriveElectric for a quote, let's see what they come up with.

Reactions: Bigknd
To me the best part of getting the company car was to forget about quotes, insurance, repairs, etc. Just had a couple of punctures and they came and fixed it with no hassle. However I have the option of getting cash in lieu each year, which at the end works much better than the company car scheme we have.l

Yes fair enough - I also have the cash benefit option as well and you're right that it worked out much better for me to take the money and get a personal lease when I had my Audi A3.

But the nil/1%/2% BIK for electric cars really changes the maths

Reactions: Cyclone1
Got what I think is a great deal on a LR from ZenAuto, far beating quotes from everyone else including DriveElectric.

Once it’s all confirmed I’ll share the details for the benefit of anyone shopping around.

Credit check was all done immediately online. Only hold-up is it wouldn’t let me sign the contract online as for some reason it didn’t think I was answering the identity check questions correctly - which I was. Will give them a call tomorrow.

Prices have definitely increased over the last few months. I know the government grant ended which may account for some of it but still a huge difference between leasing companies. Best monthly on a Performance a few months back (9 + 23) was £541. Same profile now £676.
I've driven the LR and loved it but really want to go for the Performance model ideally closed to £541. If it doesn't come up in the next few months I'll most likely go for the LR model.
Worth keeping an eye on leasing.com

Got what I think is a great deal on a LR from ZenAuto, far beating quotes from everyone else including DriveElectric.

Once it’s all confirmed I’ll share the details for the benefit of anyone shopping around.

Credit check was all done immediately online. Only hold-up is it wouldn’t let me sign the contract online as for some reason it didn’t think I was answering the identity check questions correctly - which I was. Will give them a call tomorrow.

This is all signed and countersigned now so for reference, on a LR, blue paint, otherwise stock, I’m paying £523pm with £1501 down on a 48 month, 8000 mile pa deal.

That was some £40-£50 cheaper than I could find elsewhere on an equivalent (small) downpayment. Without the blue paint option it was a flat £500pm.

It has been stated on this forum before but ZenAuto’s (or ElectricAuto’s) website prices are far higher than what they will quote if you email them. Slightly strange as you’d think they would want to attract custom on the basis of visible competitive prices but there you go!

This is all signed and countersigned now so for reference, on a LR, blue paint, otherwise stock, I’m paying £523pm with £1501 down on a 48 month, 8000 mile pa deal.

That was some £40-£50 cheaper than I could find elsewhere on an equivalent (small) downpayment. Without the blue paint option it was a flat £500pm.

It has been stated on this forum before but ZenAuto’s (or ElectricAuto’s) website prices are far higher than what they will quote if you email them. Slightly strange as you’d think they would want to attract custom on the basis of visible competitive prices but there you go!

Good price by the sounds of it! Thought another way, you're paying approx 50% of the list price to use the car for 4 years which in my view is decent. There will be better %s for less desirable cars but...they're less desirable so *shrug*.

I've ordered exactly the same via salary sacrifice which is more expensive at a gross level (about £660/month, no deposit, over 3 years) but works out very well on a net basis (and once you factor in that it includes insurance, tyres, maintenance etc, and nil or low BIK rate).

That's a good deal. I've ordered the same vehicle through Zen, about £660 cheaper for me over the term but with a £5000 initial payment. I jumped at the opportunity as well as this was the sort of price I was prepared to pay for an SR+ some months back.

Of course I'm conscious that putting more down might have saved us a few quid but we've just moved house as well so trying to keep some immediate funds back!

As you say, I'm paying 54% of the list price of the car for four year's use and no ownership - that's leasing for you! But equally, I will have a car outside my flat in the next month or two, something I otherwise couldn't have done (or dreamed of), so I'm happy with the arrangement.

48 months is longer than I would have liked. I do slightly worry whether technology will have moved well beyond what's currently on the M3 by then, but equally that's an issue I would still have faced with ownership.