Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Residuals I imagine, remember reading in there t&c’s they don’t deliver cars in the last 2 weeks of august and feb, with Tesla the control is a lot less hence there way to deal with this might be to not order. Sadly only zenith know the real reason
If this is really true (I'm a little sceptical but I guess it's possible), they can just set up a blocker on the order with Tesla which prevents matching before a certain date (it happened to me). Would encourage you to check that with Tesla once you have your RN!

If this is really true (I'm a little sceptical but I guess it's possible), they can just set up a blocker on the order with Tesla which prevents matching before a certain date (it happened to me). Would encourage you to check that with Tesla once you have your RN!
With you all the way, just one possibility and just a thought but like you say why not just put a blocker on it which blows my theory out of the water. But still arrives us back at no RN and does it really take this long to get one? But we do have to get used to being in the dark and constantly guessing what might be happening, maybe it’s how they are training our minds

I believe you wont get an RN number within the first 2 weeks of an order as you have a 14 day cooling off period within your contract. Once this passes you will get an order number (RN). I believe this is when the Lease company will order the car.

My lease company (NHS FS) have sent me emails 'confirming my order' but no RN number given to me, might just asked them and then I can call Tesla for more details, I presume?

I believe you wont get an RN number within the first 2 weeks of an order as you have a 14 day cooling off period within your contract. Once this passes you will get an order number (RN). I believe this is when the Lease company will order the car.
That could be it.

The RN is generated/provided to the lease company literally at the point of order - without it, the order can't have been created. So @Carl_SG I would suggest you nag them every couple of days to check if order has been made and if RN can therefore be provided.

Note this RN differs to the order number you'll have for your order with the lease company itself.

• Helpful
Reactions: Carl_SG
My lease company (NHS FS) have sent me emails 'confirming my order' but no RN number given to me, might just asked them and then I can call Tesla for more details, I presume?
It took me over a month after 'ordering' to get an RN from NHS FS, it's the third party lease provider who was dragging thier feet, I ordered on 2 June, thinking it would be this shipment that's on it's way now, but i've still not been matched to a car so i'm doubtful! and god knows when this was actually ordered with Tesla!!

The RN is issued as soon as you place an order. It's on the Order Agreement that's produced the minute the buttons are pressed.

It took me over a month after 'ordering' to get an RN from NHS FS, it's the third party lease provider who was dragging thier feet, I ordered on 2 June, thinking it would be this shipment that's on it's way now, but i've still not been matched to a car so i'm doubtful! and god knows when this was actually ordered with Tesla!!

Yeah that was one of my worries, my order was placed with the leasing company at the last week of June so hopefully not long then, or will be chasing it up.

Any of you that used a referral, please check with the person who gave it to you - that should show if your order has been placed with Tesla. As soon as your RN is confirmed (even if you haven't been given it by the lease company), their account & app will have 'Friends Ordered' under 'My Referrals' (& after collection you will both then receive the 1000 miles credit)

Just joined the lease club - placed an order via electric.auto which was a good chunk cheaper on a 3 year for a LR + 19" set.
Looking forward to all sorts of geeky conversations here as I anticipate delivery!
Could be a long conversation!

Actually you may have signed up at exactly the right time. With shipments coming as we speak you might get one quickly. and a 2020 spec car with the wireless Charing goodness.

Do you mind me asking what you ended up paying? PM if you prefer.

Thanks

le
Could be a long conversation!

Actually you may have signed up at exactly the right time. With shipments coming as we speak you might get one quickly. and a 2020 spec car with the wireless Charing goodness.

What makes you say that? - I ordered mine a coupe of weeks ago I’d be nice if I didn’t have to wait 3 months

Does anyone know about how the BIK tax works for a company salary sacrifice scheme? I know that year 1 the tax in 0% and then it goes up in year 2 and 3 but what I don’t know is if this is factored into my monthly lease cost or if I will have to pay this separately in year 2 and 3?
I’m planning on asking my lease company but thought I’d ask here first!