Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appear to have two cars...

Basically I ordered through a leasing firm and then played the Tesla wait game. I then found a car to my spec in inventory (it was still in San Fran, but it existed) I rang up the leasing firm and they authorised me to buy it, which led to me getting a second RN. this time based on my account and not the lease companies. I passed the lease company the VIN and RN and they quickly authorised the payment.

I didn't think anything of it, got the magic text on Tuesday and organised pick up on Sep 1. I now have a second text (not from Tesla) saying my car will be delivered on 2nd Sep. I'm assuming they haven't cancelled the original RN.
Anyone want a spare M3P?
If you're paying, sure!

• Funny
Reactions: Neilio
Little word of caution: I lease through WeVee. I was getting stressed about not being matched so checked the Tesla inventory. I found the car exactly to my spec except without FSD.

I rang the lease company and asked them if they could order this specific car for me. Then at least we'd have a VIN to track and i would know where it is. They said fine, but they actually said I could order it, and provided I gave them the VIN and the RN they would sort out finance and the like. I then rang Tesla sales to ask if FSD could be added and they said as it's just software as soon as the lease company authorises the payment they can add it.
I then called WeVee back to double check it was fine for me to order the car. They said yes, I sent them my VIN and RN and though nothing of it. Had my delivery date confirmed, so informed WeVee of this and just assumed everything would be fine. Anyway I've just got another text saying I'm getting to get the OLD RN delivered a day after I was expecting to pick up my car. Cue confused phonemail to Tesla. It looks like WeVee have just ignored my order, and not cancelled their old one. It's all a mess at the moment. I'm HOPING I'll still be able to pick up my car, but now I'm genuinely not sure. Tesla have just said they will try and sort it out. I'm really nervous now I'll either end up with 2 cars, or none at all.
Be cautious when leasing, I have lost a lot of faith in WeVee and I was always nervous with Tesla due to their customer service reputation in the UK. Fingers crossed I'll be picking up at least one car next month.

Little word of caution: I lease through WeVee. I was getting stressed about not being matched so checked the Tesla inventory. I found the car exactly to my spec except without FSD.

I rang the lease company and asked them if they could order this specific car for me. Then at least we'd have a VIN to track and i would know where it is. They said fine, but they actually said I could order it, and provided I gave them the VIN and the RN they would sort out finance and the like. I then rang Tesla sales to ask if FSD could be added and they said as it's just software as soon as the lease company authorises the payment they can add it.
I then called WeVee back to double check it was fine for me to order the car. They said yes, I sent them my VIN and RN and though nothing of it. Had my delivery date confirmed, so informed WeVee of this and just assumed everything would be fine. Anyway I've just got another text saying I'm getting to get the OLD RN delivered a day after I was expecting to pick up my car. Cue confused phonemail to Tesla. It looks like WeVee have just ignored my order, and not cancelled their old one. It's all a mess at the moment. I'm HOPING I'll still be able to pick up my car, but now I'm genuinely not sure. Tesla have just said they will try and sort it out. I'm really nervous now I'll either end up with 2 cars, or none at all.
Be cautious when leasing, I have lost a lot of faith in WeVee and I was always nervous with Tesla due to their customer service reputation in the UK. Fingers crossed I'll be picking up at least one car next month.

...uh, or be cautious trying to order via inventory *as well* when you already have an existing order?

Reactions: chamsters
...uh, or be cautious trying to order via inventory *as well* when you already have an existing order?
I was cautious, I didn't even know it was an option.
WeVee actually asked me to order off inventory, saying they would just take the £100 out of my lease agreement.
I TWICE rang them to confirm this was OK before committing to the order. The said it was and all I need to do was give them my RN and VIN.
I then instructed them that I had a pick up date and ask if anything else needed doing. They said no.

This is the same for me. Zen have told me that they are awaiting a RN from Tesla which can take up to 3 weeks. They have given me a letter for the OLEV grant with an estimated usage date from the 1st September.

hm. i thought you need the registration of the car to sign up for OLEV? WHen i asked them about the OLEV they said once they had the car details / registration they can issue the letter?

hm. i thought you need the registration of the car to sign up for OLEV? WHen i asked them about the OLEV they said once they had the car details / registration they can issue the letter?

No you can do it up to 4 months before the arrival of the car, you just need to send over your lease agreement along with the letter.

I emailed and requested, they sent it over to me today. I've sent it all over to PodPoint, so I will let you know if they accept it

No you can do it up to 4 months before the arrival of the car, you just need to send over your lease agreement along with the letter.

I emailed and requested, they sent it over to me today. I've sent it all over to PodPoint, so I will let you know if they accept it

same situation as me. When I dealt with pod point they sent me a document which was rejected. Probably the same letter you got with an arbitrary date for collection.

I had to send over a redacted copy of the signed finance document (all personal details other than address removed) which they accepted. As such podpoint are installing mine for Thursday.

Super annoyed with zen auto / elec auto.
Finally got hold of RN. Called tesla to see if they'd have any info re: timelines/ VIN. They told me that the order was only placed a few days ago.

Coincidentally, the order date corresponds with the date my 2 weeks from placing an order on the elec auto website. So, they've basically waited for 2 weeks to prevent any cancellations before passing order to tesla.

I get it, but it's frustrating.

Super annoyed with zen auto / elec auto.
Finally got hold of RN. Called tesla to see if they'd have any info re: timelines/ VIN. They told me that the order was only placed a few days ago.

Coincidentally, the order date corresponds with the date my 2 weeks from placing an order on the elec auto website. So, they've basically waited for 2 weeks to prevent any cancellations before passing order to tesla.

I get it, but it's frustrating.

Sounds about right. They waited 14 days to place my order. Well annoyed.

Reactions: chamsters